Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,709,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda-by-the-sea View Post
Well you show a very immature and uninformed view of the Spanish-speaking world. It is you and Clarks who fired the bullet that it is inherently inferior to speak Spanish and that it is "racist" and "offensive" to point out that there is a high proportion of people who speak Spanish in a given area. I didn't imply anything of the sort, nor did I say that Spanish was the predominant language of southern California. I only drew the comparison between the bilingual culture of both areas. Anyone with more than a passing familiarity with Andalucía -- not you obviously -- knows that gazillions of ex-pat Brits have made the Costa del Sol their adopted home. One is as likely to hear English in Málaga or Torremolinos as one is likely to hear Spanish in Compton or San Bruno. Regardless of "official" language or the relative mix of the two, both southern California and southern Spain are a mixed salad of Spanish/English-speaking populations. Is that too much of a PC faux pas for a santacruzano to handle?

As for my heritage, I don't give rat's as...let me rephrase ...me importa madre lo que piensa UD. I don't have to prove my legitimacy to anyone...and certainly not to someone who presumes that Spanish-speaking culture is an inferior one. As for someone who goes by the handle of "coyoteske" labeling someone else as a poser? What's the English equivalent of el burro hablando de orejas...the pot calling the kettle black, maybe?
You are so dishonest, so unclear and so off center it's freaky.
And coyote is many, many things.
To think of him / her as a poseur (in the way that you are implying) misses the mark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 08:42 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,510,141 times
Brenda, have you considered medication, your post is just plain crazy. You are making things up. oh, a thought just occured to me, are you the ex governor of Alaska?
Quote:
presumes that Spanish-speaking culture is an inferior one
Nobody said or inferred that,

I think it is cute that you can type stuff in Spanish, completely irrelevant but cute. Wanna hear some Italian?

Old 02-16-2010, 12:26 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,699,255 times
Tried to rep you, Clarks, but the system turned me down.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:24 AM

1,949 posts, read 6,449,053 times
I heard a fiances visa is the fastest way to get into the USA, but you will have to marry a US citizen and stay with him for at least two years to get permanent residence green card and even if you divorce you can still stay in the USA

Last edited by mr bolo; 09-01-2011 at 12:38 AM..

Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 PM

30,707 posts, read 79,581,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I heard a fiances visa is the fastest way to get into the USA, but you will have to marry a US citizen and stay with him for at least two years to get permanent residence green card and even if you divorce you can still stay in the USA
My brother and his fiance were living in the US. SHe had to return to germany for several months so that she could get a green card when they got married. It is hard or impossible if you get married while you are living in the US. It is a complicated mess.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,690,741 times
A large percentage of 'summer' workers at amusement parks / resorts / private parks / etc are European kids over on short-term visas, that might be a good place to start.

Unfortunately, it's not terribly easy to get any kind of work permits these days. You need to bring serious skills to the table, and even then it's not a simple or short process.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:16 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,976,453 times
I bet the op is still living in the uk.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,691,287 times
How about a student visa? Here in the USA, even older adults go to college. I don't know if that is the case in the UK.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:20 AM

24,353 posts, read 26,826,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephybaby View Post
Hi
i'm a 20 year old gal! looking to move to america!
Pref California but wouldn't tie down my options!
I understand how you can do it...
  • Family immigrant visa - if you have a spouse, fiancee or child who is a US citizen or US permanent resident
  • Employment-based immigrant visa - if you have a job offer in the US
  • Foreign investor immigrant visa - requiring an investment of $500,000-$1,000,000 in a newly established United States business entity
buttt i wanna know who's done it.. also who's done which ones etc..
how hard it is ? how long the process is?

And is it that simple if i had a job lined up i could apply and hopefully make the move?!

any info would be helpful

please tell me if i'm been naive or anything i just wanna know how to do it all by the books!

Can't believe i've read people annoucing there doing the move illegally! Couldn't believe my eyes!!
Easiest way is to get accepted to a university and get a student visa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California