Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you split California if you could?
I'm from northern California and YES I would split it like a banana! 23 27.06%
I'm from northern California and NO, keep the whole enchilada! 24 28.24%
I'm from southern California and Yes I would split it like a banana! 16 18.82%
I'm from southern California and NO, keep the whole enchilada! 22 25.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:01 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Don't worry: Sacramento and San Diego would end up in Eastern California for that very reason. For the sake of the comparison, OC and SD counties are in Eastern California, because its pretty clear that they would have much more power and political commonalities with Eastern California than the rest of Coastal California. Who knows, maybe those two would greatly rise up on their own and pose a threat to the power of LA and SF.

Honestly, San Diego doesn't have the conservative stronghold it used to. The county is even changing to democrat as well.

The city is leaning to the left and should no longer be compared to OC.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Remember I said I would point out to you when your opinions paralleled rightwing? This is one, and is based on two fallacies.
1. That I am a Liberal (I have stated clearly elsewhere what political philosophy I hold)
2. That I support abortion.

Back to the center with you!

I am liberal like I said. (I support abortion, circumcision, gay marriage, social programs, illegal immigrants working jobs Americans don't.)

some rightwing views too. (I am against banning happy meals, banning circumcisions, but that's about the length of my "rightwing" views)

Old 01-08-2011, 07:00 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
I am liberal like I said. (I support abortion, circumcision, gay marriage, social programs, illegal immigrants working jobs Americans don't.)

some rightwing views too. (I am against banning happy meals, banning circumcisions, but that's about the length of my "rightwing" views)
That's OK! I believe it's Winston Churchill who said words to the effect, "If you're not a liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative when you're old, you have no brain!"

Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
That has been attributed to a few dozen people, and it is wrong. It is impossible for anyone who knows history to be Conservative, ok not impossible, but it requires a major fit of not thinking about how America came to be.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:14 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
That's OK! I believe it's Winston Churchill who said words to the effect, "If you're not a liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative when you're old, you have no brain!"
Well who ever it was was very narrow-minded for saying it. I won't say much about those who may agree. Once again there you go with your backhanded insults to anyone who's politically different than you are. What if I said a similar things about conservatives and trust me I can.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
That has been attributed to a few dozen people, and it is wrong. It is impossible for anyone who knows history to be Conservative, ok not impossible, but it requires a major fit of not thinking about how America came to be.
Nevermind he did it for me.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
That's flawed and narrow minded. I am not going to suddenly forget everything I believe in when I turn 60 and then start believing in jesus and all that crap.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:25 PM

255 posts, read 610,104 times
California = Carolinas if they are going to split into two states.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:41 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Well who ever it was was very narrow-minded for saying it. I won't say much about those who may agree. Once again there you go with your backhanded insults to anyone who's politically different than you are. What if I said a similar things about conservatives and trust me I can.
Well, since I'm NOT a true conservative, say what you want. I'll remain fiscally conservative but socially moderate.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Well, since I'm NOT a true conservative, say what you want. I'll remain fiscally conservative but socially moderate.
There is nothing moderate about a person who criticizes liberals (and you do) but not conservatives. A moderate is critical to both sides and you are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California