Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times

Advertisements

If I recall correctly, she got pissed and left the house in a huff, taking the car w/o permission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 07:38 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
A lot of cops are just as big of dirt bags as the people they haul into jail. I've said it a million times but I will say it again. Abolish the force, bust the union and let those bums get real jobs. Let the national guard do the policing. Those 18 year old kids only get paid like 1500 a month and they are a lot more professional than some cops ever could dream of being.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:35 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
A lot of cops are just as big of dirt bags as the people they haul into jail. I've said it a million times but I will say it again. Abolish the force, bust the union and let those bums get real jobs. Let the national guard do the policing. Those 18 year old kids only get paid like 1500 a month and they are a lot more professional than some cops ever could dream of being.
The police forces will never be abolished. The police unions would go nuts. Not all cops are bad & the last time i talked to one in person was 8/09. He gave me a fix it ticket (25.00 fine) for tinted wndows that have been tinted for 6 yrs. Many cops saw my tinted windows over the years but a rookie cop had to strut his power & red light me.

Some of the cops in yucaipa turn their siren on when they are at a redlight & run the light. I have seen it more then a few times. I do avoid check points in town cause i have heard of harassment.

Ca cops in general are the highest paid in the nation with outragious benefits & pensions. The CHP get free lunches (up to $4,400.00 yr) thanks to the horrid & foul legislature.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:28 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
"What the cops did was illegal and discusting [sic]"

What crime did they commit?
Exactly. They did nothing illegal. There's no law against what they did. Tasteless. Perhaps. And it's "disgusting", FTR.

Personally... I think the photos should be shown to every kid in High School as an example that, unlike the Need For Speed videos games (and the like), when you have an argument with someone and get into a car without knowing how to drive, you don't get a second chance. Learn to work out your arguments with words... not actions.

Call me callous, but I don't feel bad that she died. I feel relived she didn't kill an innocent person in the process.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
You are right, canibeyou, it could have been a lot worse, she could have killed and maimed a lot of innocent people driving like that.

Now, as far as her family goes, they need to accept the fact that the pictues are out there and nothing can be done to change that.

The family should take solace in the fact that there are probably a few teenagers that are only alive today because they saw their daughter's pictures and decided to drive more carefully.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM

The 2 posts above are right on except i feel bad that she died. I posted the link to the pics hoping some kids (and adults) see those horrid accident scene pics & slow the hell down.

Its something else how i got atacked by a few damn ass wipes on this site for posting the link. I posted the link on another website & didnt get one complaint cause intelligent people knew what my motive was.

My neighbors grandaughter liked to drive beyond the posted speed limit & i showed her the pics & now she drives the speed limit. The pics upset her & her friends big time.

THAT WAS MY INTENTION.

DONT SPEED !!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 05:23 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Ca cops in general are the highest paid in the nation with outragious benefits & pensions.
BS. Of the 15 highest paid departments in the nation, only four are in CA, Los Angeles is number two, San Diego is number 7, San Jose is 11, and San Francisco is 13.

Are you not aware, that if an employee gets a pension, it is because they had those funds deducted from their paychecks while they worked?

Quote:
The CHP get free lunches (up to $4,400.00 yr) thanks to the horrid & foul legislature.
$4,953 for the highest ranked officer, less for lessor ranks. This is not unusual many companies and government agencies do similar for employees, on the road or away from home. It is usually called per diem.

You could do this too, to whine because some employee of some agency or company has what you believe is a better deal, speaks volumes about your career choices. There is no reason on gawd's green earth why you could not do exactly the same thing.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:30 PM

I just received an odd positive click, the poster state that I must be a cop-ugh.

Just to be clear, I am not a cop, nor was ever a cop, aside from being Forest Ranger decades ago, but I have a hard time with BS posted on forums.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
BS. Of the 15 highest paid departments in the nation, only four are in CA, Los Angeles is number two, San Diego is number 7, San Jose is 11, and San Francisco is 13.

Are you not aware, that if an employee gets a pension, it is because they had those funds deducted from their paychecks while they worked?

$4,953 for the highest ranked officer, less for lessor ranks. This is not unusual many companies and government agencies do similar for employees, on the road or away from home. It is usually called per diem.

You could do this too, to whine because some employee of some agency or company has what you believe is a better deal, speaks volumes about your career choices. There is no reason on gawd's green earth why you could not do exactly the same thing.
I dont care what private companies do. Im talking about publc employees. MANY spike their pensions as well which should be illegal. The state of ca is in a major mess & the CHP wont take less to help out the budget.

Thats BS !

Old 12-07-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
The state of ca is in a major mess & the CHP wont take less to help out the budget.
No, it isn't, the budget problem is not financial, it is political, and as for your first and second sentences, you must live a very sheltered life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California