Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,333,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
Be sure to avoid confusion, by focusing on the facts at hand.

I mentioned something that I am able to do within the scope of my planning.

Other folks in other areas can level the playing field in their areas within their sphere of influence.

There is no need for me to become involved with Phoenix because the news or other folks mentioned that particular city and mayor.

It can become knee-jerk and emotional to react to every facet when doing so is not essential.
Not sure what you are saying and maybe you don't either. But your earlier comment was your decision to cancel your California vacation because of the mayor of San Francisco's position on boycotting Arizona. I merely asked the question if you would also cancel a trip to Phoenix since that mayor has also condemned the law? And for that matter, since you live in deep Blue Oregon, are you planning to never step foot in Portland once it's city council votes to boycott Arizona?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,413,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
We might just boycott California if California boycotts Arizona...

There's a poll thats been running here for two days and so far at this very moment it's:

75% for the Az law

23% against the AZ law

2% not sure...

It has ran as high as 76% but never lower than 73% in favor of the law...

And Houston is a very liberal city...
Much as I dislike AZ's (current) nonsense, the idea of states starting to "beat up" on each other, somehow seems even worse! Lord knows we've already got enough "polarization" as it is, we sure don't need any more!!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:02 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,231,795 times
I think racial profiling is unconstitutional.

I think AZ should secede and rename itself Redneckistan. Rush can move there.

If you HIRE an illegal alien you should be put in jail.

If they CATCH an illegal, they should be deported on the damn spot.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 PM

You know who was big into racial profiling?

The Nazi's.

Ask any Jew.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 PM

How about we just ENFORCE the darn LAWS that are ALL READY on the BOOKS?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,758,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
You know who was big into racial profiling?

The Nazi's.

Ask any Jew.
Hooray, Godwin's law!

Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,212 times
Default Boycott California

If California proceeds with their juvenile response to Arizona's recent immigration law by boycotting the state then I as an American citizen would support a nationwide boycott of California and in fact would encourage it. Instead of coming up with constructive criticism and try to help Arizona who is literally in a war with Mexican drug lords and gangs, you decide to 'punish' Arizona by boycotting them and exaggerating and misleading people on the contents of the law. Sounds pretty fascist to me. Shame on California. BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA

Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,333,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoArizona View Post
If California proceeds with their juvenile response to Arizona's recent immigration law by boycotting the state then I as an American citizen would support a nationwide boycott of California and in fact would encourage it. Instead of coming up with constructive criticism and try to help Arizona who is literally in a war with Mexican drug lords and gangs, you decide to 'punish' Arizona by boycotting them and exaggerating and misleading people on the contents of the law. Sounds pretty fascist to me. Shame on California. BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA
TROLL ALERT [this is "GoArizona's" first post

Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,271,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Just remember, California passed Proposition 187 (1994) that would have denied illegal immigrants rights to public services by a wide margin. The Supreme Court struck it down.

California Proposition 187 (1994) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here is a little more insight into what happened with Prop 187

PROP. 187 WAS KILLED BY CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR GRAY DAVIS—NOT THE FEDERAL COURTS.
VDARE.com: 12/23/03 - SOS—New Proposition 187 Petition Drive Now Underway In California!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,221,508 times
Why not cross the border into Mexico (for fun do it without papers.) See how much fun you have down there. You won't get a job, you won't buy any property, you won't get any medical attention. You won't get anything.

Why should it be any differant here in the USA.

For those that don't like what they are doing in Arizona, we also have the same laws here, they just are not enforced. We just don't have the backbone here in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California