Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:59 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Damn all those troublemaking Civil rights activists...!!
Always looking to take a jab at somebody. I'm sorry for not elaborating so you can understand. I'm talking about the ACLU for the most part, John Burris and people like him, the people and lawyers abusing the ADA laws to force a lot of small restaurants out of business, the rent a mobs always protesting something, and other extremists which this state does not lack. Should I have wrost extremists for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 06:28 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
Always looking to take a jab at somebody. I'm sorry for not elaborating so you can understand. I'm talking about the ACLU for the most part, John Burris and people like him, the people and lawyers abusing the ADA laws to force a lot of small restaurants out of business, the rent a mobs always protesting something, and other extremists which this state does not lack. Should I have wrost extremists for you?
Um, seems to me that "elaborating" and being "understood" is your responsibility, not mine.

Although if your "point" is attacking the ACLU, apparently I didn't misunderstand at all. Sorry, but I really have alot of difficulty sympathizing with anyone who would attack an organization whose sole reason for being is to defend our Constitutional rights. The same rights that are continually being encroached on by powerful forces, including everything from law enforcement, to government, to multinational corporations. And the last time I checked, there just weren't alot of these kinda groups around to stand up against all that. So whatever their arguable "faults", it's exactly why I'm a member too.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:11 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,544,666 times
This is coming from my 30 years living in the SF Bay Area...

1. Ridiculous housing costs in the areas with the higher rated school districts. A 20-30 year old, 1800 sq.ft. ranch home in an okay area with good schools in the SF Bay Area should not cost $600-900k. Not to mention the side affects of high housing costs - all of the kids that grow up with little parental guidance since most families need dual incomes to pay for the high cost of living - leaving their kids in day care, or to fend for themselves and depend more on outside influences. Parents can't afford to be parents, they have to be bread winners.

2. Overcrowded. It results in high traffic levels, unfriendly people, and more stress.

3. The ultra materialistic, super trendy, status-crazed mindset that so many seem to have (this is mostly an urban thing). It's all about the bling in the SF Bay Area. Everyone, even those who can't afford it, are trying to appear as if they have lots of money. From the fancy cars to the high priced fashion trends (sunglasses with the brand name in huge letters on the side) to the ritzy hang-outs. It's all about competing with the Joneses. You'll see plenty of people who don't take pride in their home but will drive a Benz around with the expensive wheels and shiny watch hanging out the window... it's enough to make you want your children growing up somewhere else where values run a little deeper than the name brand jeans you're wearing.

4. Taxes and over regulation. The taxes are sky high and do not result in the type of improvements that they should for being so high. State spending is through the roof and many times ineffective. The CA vehicle smog laws are a good example of the ridiculous over regulation in CA.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 AM

130 posts, read 386,867 times
1. Overpopulation
2. People who complain about a overcast and/or rainy day
3. Expensive housing prices to live in a tin can
4. People who preach about being green, but refuse to take public transit
5. Pretentious and shallow
6. Covert racism (in some areas)
7. Too many followers and not enough leaders

Old 07-11-2010, 09:59 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenvic View Post
1. Overpopulation
2. People who complain about a overcast and/or rainy day
3. Expensive housing prices to live in a tin can
4. People who preach about being green, but refuse to take public transit
5. Pretentious and shallow
6. Covert racism (in some areas)
7. Too many followers and not enough leaders
So if you're still there, why?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:43 AM

2,131 posts, read 4,914,955 times
The ever increasing sales tax. Wasn't the increase from 6% supposed to be temporary?

Inefficient transit systems, especially in outlying areas.

Unrealistic housing costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California