Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:21 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,780,761 times

Advertisements

John and Ken are unlistenable.

But the L.A. City Council is untenable. Talk about your scurvy crews, and way overpaid and over-perked at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 10:16 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
John and Ken are unlistenable.

But the L.A. City Council is untenable. Talk about your scurvy crews, and way overpaid and over-perked at that.
Maybe they are maybe they aren't. Can you educate me on other's within the talk radio format that have more listeners?

Old 05-18-2010, 12:40 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,463,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I am not affiliated with Crossroads and don't make their rules. I did hang out with Crossroads kids when I was growing up on the west side of L.A. as a teenager.

In any case that's about the most liberal private school on the west side of Los Angeles. They use Howard Zinn's People's History as a US history textbook there. You'd think a conservative like Kobylt would rather have his kids going to a Catholic school like St. Monica's.
Neither Jon nor Ken are true believers in any political ideology - they say or align themselves with whatever gets ratings.

For those who are talking about Kobylt's kids - is it possible you are confusing them with morning drive host Bill Handel's daughters?

Old 05-18-2010, 01:23 PM

282 posts, read 382,109 times
There is no money in being a left wing talk show host. So they fool listeners into believing they believe half the BS they rant about. Most followers are so dumb they just eat it up and believe every word they say. See Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh. It's a good business to be ignorant and loud.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:41 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
There is no money in being a left wing talk show host. So they fool listeners into believing they believe half the BS they rant about. Most followers are so dumb they just eat it up and believe every word they say. See Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh. It's a good business to be ignorant and loud.
I can't speak for Rush Limbaugh but I do listen to Michael Savage when I have the chance to do so. How can you say he is just being ignorant and loud? He says things that are true. I am sorry you fail to recognize it or are unwilling to accept it. He is not affiliated with a political party like most of the mouthpieces out there. You don't have to take my word for it but just listen to him for a month and see what you think. I am sure you will say you have listened to him and he spews nothing but lies, right?

Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
I can't speak for Rush Limbaugh but I do listen to Michael Savage when I have the chance to do so. How can you say he is just being ignorant and loud? He says things that are true. I am sorry you fail to recognize it or are unwilling to accept it. He is not affiliated with a political party like most of the mouthpieces out there. You don't have to take my word for it but just listen to him for a month and see what you think. I am sure you will say you have listened to him and he spews nothing but lies, right?
I've listened to him before, he's xenophobic, racist, and is a reactionary. Of course it's now cool for Republicans to claim to be independent or not apart of a sinking party. He is a right wing republican playing an independent out of the embarrassment of the Republican party.

I'm not sure what you agree with him about, I once heard his rant about Hawaii and his strong hate for it because he feels it's a racist state, calling it a cesspool of multiculturalism etc. He's a fraud and anybody who can hate a peaceful place like Hawaii has a deeper problem.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,463,677 times
Quote:
I'm not a big Rush fan, but I think its unfair to say he does'nt believe in what he says. He may realize he is being hackish on specific things he says, but, in total, he is genune about his pro-conservative & anti liberal views. He's always been a conservative and seems to have alot of passion for movement conservatism.

I don't know much about Weiner, I can't stand to listen to him for more then 10 minutes- like nails on a chalkboard.....

Old 05-18-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
I'm not a big Rush fan, but I think its unfair to say he does'nt believe in what he says. He may realize he is being hackish on specific things he says, but, in total, he is genune about his pro-conservative & anti liberal views. He's always been a conservative and seems to have alot of passion for movement conservatism.

I don't know much about Weiner, I can't stand to listen to him for more then 10 minutes- like nails on a chalkboard.....

Rush is so over the top he knows he'll annoy liberals and grab headlines, that's how he gets paid and that's why he got the $400 million dollar pay day. He has enough racist fans who will eat it up, he may be the racist loud mouth buffoon he plays on his radio show but I think it's greatly exaggerated in order to reach a certain demographic and get ratings, which he has no problem doing.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:15 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I am not affiliated with Crossroads and don't make their rules. I did hang out with Crossroads kids when I was growing up on the west side of L.A. as a teenager.

In any case that's about the most liberal private school on the west side of Los Angeles. They use Howard Zinn's People's History as a US history textbook there. You'd think a conservative like Kobylt would rather have his kids going to a Catholic school like St. Monica's.
If you ever listened to them you would know why he wouldn't send his kids to Catholic school. He's not a fan of the Catholic Church in any way, shape, or form.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:11 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,092 times
Quote:
I've listened to him before, he's xenophobic, racist, and is a reactionary. Of course it's now cool for Republicans to claim to be independent or not apart of a sinking party. He is a right wing republican playing an independent out of the embarrassment of the Republican party.

I'm not sure what you agree with him about, I once heard his rant about Hawaii and his strong hate for it because he feels it's a racist state, calling it a cesspool of multiculturalism etc. He's a fraud and anybody who can hate a peaceful place like Hawaii has a deeper problem.
I would say he is obviously a conservative but not a racist or a xenophobe. I have been dialing in for a few years and have never heard him say anything racist.

How is he a xenophobe? He is not against immigration. He will say everyday it seems like, "I am the son of an immigrant" before he rambles on about something. His view seems to be that we need to moderate who immigrates into this country. I can't see what's wrong with that. I would rather have educated and skilled immigrants coming here rather than unskilled and illiterate ones coming. He is obviously against illegal immigration so I guess that's racist.

I think we can agree that he would associate more with the Republican party becuase they are usually more conservative. However he is not controlled by them. He picks on them as much as the democrats. He puts them all the in the same boat, ie: republicrats / demicans. Have you ever heard of these sayings? I believe he came up with them. He has been using those phrases in his show and books long before I even worried about politics.

Have you ever been to Hawaii or lived there? The "locals" do not like what has happened to their island with the Haole's coming. It may not be as big of a deal as it used to be but there are parts of the island of Oahu I definately don't go to for this reason. I have had white friends chased off beaches and areas by locals for them being white I would assume at their spot. These examples happened within the past 6 months.

I guess that is what he was saying but I have never heard that rant. I believe he has a house in Hawaii so I doubt he hates it. I have only heard him talk about how Hawaii wants to succeed from the union and he asked how would they thrive as a community without the government being one of the largest employers there.

His three points of Borders, Language, Culture. That is what I agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California