Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 05:43 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,871,801 times

Advertisements

I used to live up in Washington State,and i'm so glad we moved down to California...I don't know if others are jealous of California,but all I know is that I wouldn't want to live anywhere else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
I used to live up in Washington State,and i'm so glad we moved down to California...I don't know if others are jealous of California,but all I know is that I wouldn't want to live anywhere else
It is great you don't want to live anywhere else and there are many who share your enthusiasm for Calif. That does not mean those who do not live there are jealous...

Nita

Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,168,505 times
This whole thread is really making me angry, that out of state people are talking crap about the state when I bet most of them have never stepped foot in california. they are just living in a fantasy world of california is just Hollywood and fakes. GET REAL

Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,460,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
This whole thread is really making me angry, that out of state people are talking crap about the state when I bet most of them have never stepped foot in california. they are just living in a fantasy world of california is just Hollywood and fakes. GET REAL
Don't waste a whole lot of emotional energy being angry. It can be put to better uses.

The reality is that California is a unique state with much to recommend it. But many of us who are native-born Californians and who spent the bulk of our lives there have since moved elsewhere for a variety of reasons. Don't read too much into it. It's a very individual choice.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:44 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,101,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
I've been up to Washington a few times and enjoyed the little towns of Sumner, Puyallup and such.
Then of course there were the countless little areas in the middle of the state of the 90 and in eyeshot of Mt Rainier.

Only thing that irked me about WA were those countless volcano evac signs in many places within the Seattle and Olympia areas.
If anything, pyroclastic flows make a strong CA earthquake look like a little kid kicking down a sand castle.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM

228 posts, read 796,241 times
I'm jealous of the people who live in California and have a good, secure job, can afford a nice house close to the beach, a nice car, and can afford to send their children to private school.

I am not, however, jealous of my friends in their 30s and 40s who will be perpetual renters, and don't have children because they feel as though they can't afford them living in California.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,926,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyofnorth View Post
Not jealous just getting feed up with the bull s##t from that state and her people.
Wanting to run all the other states in this great country. If we (the other states ) do not agree with them or bow down to them they boycott or use force to get their ways.The bad mouth who ever is in the President office if they do not agree with how Calif. morals. Theres more cheating and back stabbing in Hollywood then in normal life . But its okay for them to do it . Anything goes in Calif. and they think all the other states should be like that. HE## no. It would be grand if we all boycott Calif. FAKE FAKE. MOney talks and Calif. is speaking
Hollywood = California. Typical uninformed blather from flyover country. And very hard to decipher, I might add.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:56 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,101,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Hollywood = California. Typical uninformed blather from flyover country. And very hard to decipher, I might add.
Not all of us have flown on a jetplane(yeah, want to be a pilot, but never been on a plane).
Once you step outside of the CA shell, you'll notice that there are other areas in other states that tend to share the same views on everything.

The way I see it, SF and LA have quickly turned into the de-facto capitals of their own respective regions of the state.
If it weren't for the industrial, agricultural, or resource-heavy(water) localities of this state, those two mega-municipalities would seize to be.

In the end, I shouldn't really feel jealous of CA(even though I live here) or anyplace else because frankly, I'll never belong.
Tolerated maybe, but that's about it.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:21 PM

14 posts, read 40,678 times
I am not jealous of California.
international voice

Old 06-10-2010, 03:37 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,198 times
Nope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California