Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:37 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Birds??? What about those sirens going and guns being shot all hours of the night?? Or helicopters flying at tree level day and night? Birds??? Sounds like you have a real winner for a neighbor!! Good luck!

LOL!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,142 times
Wink Chirp on, my feathered friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Our street has a lot of trees ... bird[s] have a party 24/7.
This sounds wonderful! I love hearing birds in the neighborhood. It tells me that nature around me is alive and that my immediate environment is to some degree healthy. Plus, think of the bug problem we'd all have without birds.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:30 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,603,652 times
Well, if you have forgiven her I won't suggest getting the peacocks for a comparison study afterall.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:54 AM

10 posts, read 48,775 times
We live in a country club and the next door neighbor followed my parents while taking a walk, got out of his truck, and told them "to cut their f*ing tree down." The cops were called, but before they came, the neighbors left for a week. He didn't even chip in for the tree to be super trimmed. We payed for it all. These neighbors make me happy to move East. They just cuss and throw trash into our backyard. We had other neighbors who would have their dog **** on our lawn. This CA country club sure isn't very friendly. At least the neighbor didn't knock on our door at 4am, but now we drive to a walking path instead of walking in the neighborhood.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 AM

Question What was the issue? Had the neighbor's requests been ignored or is he just wound too tight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeprsn View Post
We live in a country club and the next door neighbor followed my parents while taking a walk, got out of his truck, and told them "to cut their f*ing tree down." The cops were called, but before they came, the neighbors left for a week. He didn't even chip in for the tree to be super trimmed. We payed for it all.
What was the issue with the tree? And what business was it of your neighbor? A neighbor can trim trees and shrubs that overhang into her/his property, so why didn't he just do that?

Was this an ongoing something-or-other that the neighbor been requesting action on, or was the outburst the first indication that something about your tree displeased him? The whole thing sounds extreme on first glance.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:12 AM

3 posts, read 7,244 times
Default Maybe the birds are on coke.

What city do you live in? I can't imagine any birds that stay awake at night. Only a few birds are awake at night and those sleep all day like owls. Is it chirping or squawking. Pigeons will coo through out the night but that generally is not very loud. Grackles and crows are noisy, travel in raucus groups. But they go to bed. Unless the birds are the ones up all night doing coke. Maybe i was pissing off some coked up bird instead of the other waya round : )

Old 07-12-2007, 09:04 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,633,993 times
there are birds that yap all night, I just don't know what kind they are...in fact I can hear them right now and it's 10pm. This usually goes until 4am or so. We are starting to get used to it as they just started this a week or so ago but it is a very aggravating sound. I have about a full acre of trees in a bunch on the property so there really isn't a whole lot I can do about it for now.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:01 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
I live in a rural unincorporated town where the horse's still have the right of way. I have chickens and a rooster, nearly a third of my neighbors have chickens and roosters. A man that was visiting his wife at the apartmenst across the street from me told me to shut my rooster up or else he would, I told him that this town is rural and I could have a horse if I wanted to. He was a big rig driver and came at me with a metal bar that is used to tighten the chains on a load. I called the police and they told me that he can't do anything about my chickens or rooster. He started to harrass me by parking his rig outside of my fence on my property next to a trail adjacent to my yard where I keep my animals. On Saturday mornings he would start up his rig and leave it running for 2 hours or more till my entire yard and house smelled like diesel fuel. I complained repeatedly to the police, his landlord and the county that put in the trail. I finally got the county to admit that it is my property and if I did not want anyone parking there it was my perogative. I posted no parking signs and got the county to come out with a work crew working off their fines and they planted about 40 plants that I had grown in pots . I got his landlord to write them a letter requesting that they mind their business and to leave me and anybody else alone. His wife got mad at me and said that she would get me evicted , I told her that I was a property owner and she was a tenant , that if anyone was going to be evicted it would be her. Her son told her to shut up and get back in the apartment. It turned out that the rooster that bothered this speed freak family was not mine. My rooster is more than 500 feet from their unit and a neighbor within 100 feet from them has chickens and roosters. They do not dare to mess with me anymore for I am now block captain for neighborhood watch. Speed/crank has caused so many families to fall apart and it did it to this family too. The mother and son still live there, but they mind their P's and Q's now.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I live in a rural unincorporated town where the horse's still have the right of way. I have chickens and a rooster, nearly a third of my neighbors have chickens and roosters. A man that was visiting his wife at the apartmenst across the street from me told me to shut my rooster up or else he would, I told him that this town is rural and I could have a horse if I wanted to. He was a big rig driver and came at me with a metal bar that is used to tighten the chains on a load. I called the police and they told me that he can't do anything about my chickens or rooster. He started to harrass me by parking his rig outside of my fence on my property next to a trail adjacent to my yard where I keep my animals. On Saturday mornings he would start up his rig and leave it running for 2 hours or more till my entire yard and house smelled like diesel fuel. I complained repeatedly to the police, his landlord and the county that put in the trail. I finally got the county to admit that it is my property and if I did not want anyone parking there it was my perogative. I posted no parking signs and got the county to come out with a work crew working off their fines and they planted about 40 plants that I had grown in pots . I got his landlord to write them a letter requesting that they mind their business and to leave me and anybody else alone. His wife got mad at me and said that she would get me evicted , I told her that I was a property owner and she was a tenant , that if anyone was going to be evicted it would be her. Her son told her to shut up and get back in the apartment. It turned out that the rooster that bothered this speed freak family was not mine. My rooster is more than 500 feet from their unit and a neighbor within 100 feet from them has chickens and roosters. They do not dare to mess with me anymore for I am now block captain for neighborhood watch. Speed/crank has caused so many families to fall apart and it did it to this family too. The mother and son still live there, but they mind their P's and Q's now.
Whoa, and I thought the occasional loud stereo was annoying! Glad you got that nightmare of a situation settled.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:59 PM

36 posts, read 208,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m15A2fwtnc View Post
there are birds that yap all night, I just don't know what kind they are...in fact I can hear them right now and it's 10pm. This usually goes until 4am or so. We are starting to get used to it as they just started this a week or so ago but it is a very aggravating sound. I have about a full acre of trees in a bunch on the property so there really isn't a whole lot I can do about it for now.
I do believe that is a mockingbird and I do love them but when a person has to get up early for work and they sing loudly all night right outside the window even the righteous will despair.
Not me though, I sleep like a log.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California