Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:49 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,074,312 times

Advertisements

No offense MrsFaith&Wisdom, but this just seems too much like coincidence to me.

You said you were in Orange County and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFaith&Wisdom View Post
My husband has a Bachelor of Science in information security systems and is looking for a high paying job in which he can use his degree. I currently make $45,000 a year working in
advertising
Which sounds to me too much like this on another thread from a Mission Viejo poster:
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-b...ecula-area.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMissPoisonGirlx View Post
My husband has a computer security networking degree and is looking for a job in his field. I work as a top avertising consultant at the 8th rated best publishing company in the world.
There was also the general California thread from xMissPoisonGirlx from that I responded to a few days ago that Derek linked saying the same things.

Then there was this poster last month from Orange County:
//www.city-data.com/forum/orange-county/972222-where-should-i-move.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSquibb1985 View Post
My husband and I currently live in Orange County CA. He is 30 and has a degree from ITT in computer security but currently works a low paying retail job since he hasnt been able to find a good job with the economy the way it is. I am 25 and I work full time as an advertising consultant and have no degree.
How many couples are there in Orange County with a husband currently looking for work in computer security and a wife currently in advertising?

Then to also all be looking for a new city at the same time?

It just seems like a big coincidence to me that 3 different posters with similiar careers and similiar wishlists show up under different names in a month.

A new thread started by any poster is fine, some threads do not provide us the information we needed (or were hijacked) and we want to try again.

I don't mind helping someone who's supplying changed or new information.

But when I see all these different screen names in similiar situations it makes me wonder about this coincidence and why. That is what I am questioning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 02:26 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,703,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
Originally Posted by MichelleSquibb1985
My husband and I currently live in Orange County CA. He is 30 and has a degree from ITT in computer security but currently works a low paying retail job since he hasnt been able to find a good job with the economy the way it is. I am 25 and I work full time as an advertising consultant and have no degree.
If this really is the case here - job situation problem, it gives us a fuller picture of things to help us make a better recommendation. And if so I would highly recommend going where the best place is for work in your husband's field, even if that means suffering through a few Winters with snow. Experience is king in the IT industry. Without it it will be hard to ever get ahead. Sorry, but I work in the IT industry and know this to be true. Getting that initial break is not easy. So I would look for that first, even if out of state. Just make sure to explore the in state options thoroughly as well.

Also Charles asked about a security clearance which would be right in line with your husband's training. I would seriously consider DoD work. And since he is still young I may even recommend one more option - military service. As an officer he could get a decent salary while obtaining military IT security training which is huge and highly regarded in this field. I have friends doing this right now in your same age group. The military will even pay for full time scholarships and a salary to get his masters degree if he qualifies. Take a look at the Naval Post Graduate School for example.

On the other had if this isn't the case and he already has a start somewhere in his field then I recommend letting him grow there and build those skills for your families future.

My 2c,

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 06-08-2010 at 02:39 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 PM

9 posts, read 14,338 times
Hmmmm I guess a lot of people are looking for similar things. Thanks for the advice Derek.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:54 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,074,312 times
Since we have 3 posters in the same situation, and all of you seem to be looking for the same things I might suggest reviewing the information given on the other threads. There has been some helpful info provided in all of them.

All of you are looking in California, Utah, and Colorado. All of you are conservative Christians, no kids, want short commutes, looking for the same types of jobs for the husband, looking to move in 2011, etc. So advice already given about the exact same situation will probably give you some answers.

To help you review the other info, here are threads started by xMissPoisonGirlx.
//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...-relocate.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-b...cula-area.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/utah/...cating-ca.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...-sandy-ut.html

And here are threads started by
//www.city-data.com/forum/orang...ld-i-move.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-b...on-advice.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/utah/...county-ca.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...ah-please.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/salt-...andy-utah.html

Since you all have the same situation, all of those threads might be something you would want to read. Lots of people have provided ideas and info already on those.

Reading those might save some time and duplicate information being repeated.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:22 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,522,550 times
If a couple without children were to relocate to Utah, they would be considered, anti family, gay, Democrat, liberal, Californian, or any of the above, generally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California