Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times

Advertisements

I bought a 2008 from a private party with just 2500 miles on it and have gone on a couple of long RV trips with it. Mine is the 21Q model which is 26' long . It is a special design which Camping World spec'd out and has a huge 103 sq. foot cargo section accessible from outside. I love the layout inside too. I absolutely love this RV . Havent had any problems with it now its got 18,000 miles on it. Have you had any trouble with yours ? It is so manueverable around town that its a real dream to drive. I do wish it got better gas mileage however, since i get 10 mph going 65 mph with the a/c on ..but then again, we're talking a 10,000 lb. vehicle that catches the wind pretty good with the bunk-over-cab .

Tell me how you like yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 06:36 PM

66 posts, read 155,985 times
There are not a whole lot of RVers here let alone one specific brand. We are full time class C owners too but not Coachman.

You will have an easier time finding many many like yourself in an RV only forum

Just search coachman class c in the search or go directly to the class c forums.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-31-2009 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: links to other forums not permitted

Old 07-31-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer View Post
There are not a whole lot of RVers here let alone one specific brand. We are full time class C owners too but not Coachman.

You will have an easier time finding many many like yourself in an RV only forum

Just search coachman class c in the search or go directly to the class c forums.
I already belong to RV.Net and participate in the Class C. Room occassionally. Just thought id try in here too. Are you one of those Full Timers that have sold virtually everything ...or...did you keep a home base ? The thought has crossed my mind since im a Single. Regards.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-31-2009 at 08:07 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 08:58 PM

66 posts, read 155,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
I already belong to RV.Net and participate in the Class C. Room occassionally. Just thought id try in here too. Are you one of those Full Timers that have sold virtually everything ...or...did you keep a home base ? The thought has crossed my mind since im a Single. Regards.
Yea I am one of those full timers that sold everything, not virtually.....I mean everything. But it was more an economic thing. I am like the photoguy everyone was giving thumbs up to in that place we can no longer mention. I considered telling my story but cant do it. All I can say is I am a victim of this economic depression too.

But ya know what? I love it. If I dont like my neighbor I just turn the key and go. If I dont like the communist rules of one park I turn the key and move. If I get sick of the scenery I just turn the key and move.

Buying the RV was a luxury during better times. Now I'm glad we have it and have no desire to own a wooden home. I can clean all my 200SF in half an hour, what does it take to clean a big house? We are fixin to head out in short order though I love Texas. I'll be back though.....

Old 08-01-2009, 06:10 AM

Well, more power to you ! Ill bet alot of other folks are full timers for the reason you gave. Its good to have an RV big enough to live in as a fall back . I know what you mean about inconsiderate neighbors ; its better to move on, than to shoot them ! Happy Trails !

Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 AM

7 posts, read 39,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
I bought a 2008 from a private party with just 2500 miles on it and have gone on a couple of long RV trips with it. Mine is the 21Q model which is 26' long . It is a special design which Camping World spec'd out and has a huge 103 sq. foot cargo section accessible from outside. I love the layout inside too. I absolutely love this RV . Havent had any problems with it now its got 18,000 miles on it. Have you had any trouble with yours ? It is so manueverable around town that its a real dream to drive. I do wish it got better gas mileage however, since i get 10 mph going 65 mph with the a/c on ..but then again, we're talking a 10,000 lb. vehicle that catches the wind pretty good with the bunk-over-cab .

Tell me how you like yours.
I have a new 2008 Cochman Concord 27' I love the unit but we have had some water leaking into the unit from the roof. It has damaged some Cabinets. I took it back and I just got it back yasterday. The Cabinets will not be ing for awhile . I have onley put 500 miles on it. I do like the way you can get around with it. I run 55 to 60 mph and have got 12mph with the air on. If you have water trouble plese let me know.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Owens View Post
I have a new 2008 Cochman Concord 27' I love the unit but we have had some water leaking into the unit from the roof. It has damaged some Cabinets. I took it back and I just got it back yasterday. The Cabinets will not be ing for awhile . I have onley put 500 miles on it. I do like the way you can get around with it. I run 55 to 60 mph and have got 12mph with the air on. If you have water trouble plese let me know.
Hi Bill. I did have a small bit of water coming in thru the little kitchen sink window if the wind is blowing the rain in that direction..but havent seen any coming in for awhile now. No roof leaks fortunately. Ive fixed a few annoying rattles in the coach area and fastened a ground connection under the coach area that was very loose. At 60 mph with the a/c on, with a low cargo load, I get 10-11 mph and keep it out of passing gear when going up hills . I guess considering loaded up with driver, its coming in around 10,000 lbs so 10 miles out of gallon of fuel seems reasonable although i wish it were better ! Ive made quite a few modifications/additions which adds to the enjoyment of RVing in this rig . I love the huge 102 cu ft. exterior storage bin for larger things and theres tons of interior cabinet space -- more than what i use. I find if i dont park it pretty level, the fridge doesnt work well . dave

Old 09-04-2009, 03:20 PM

Default 2008 Cochman Concord

Thanks for your feed back. I am taking my Concord out this Mounth and
try it out. I do have over a 1000 mil. on it now. Some small things were fixed but not all. I don't understand why it takes so long to get parts for a unit when you pay out so much money for one. But I still love the unit.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:09 PM

Default Our 2008 Cochman Concord

The water damage has been fix. The new Cabinets have been put in and
some other small things have been fixed. I have some rattles also. I try and fix them as soon as they start. I ALSO HAD A GROUND WIRE COME
LOOSE MAKING THE STEP STAY OUT. A fixed now. We now have 3700 mil.
on the unit and have made plains to be in AZ. in Feb.2010 for the mounth.
Will let you know how I like the unit when we get back.
All Have A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:33 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,771,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Owens View Post
The water damage has been fix. The new Cabinets have been put in and
some other small things have been fixed. I have some rattles also. I try and fix them as soon as they start. I ALSO HAD A GROUND WIRE COME
LOOSE MAKING THE STEP STAY OUT. A fixed now. We now have 3700 mil.
on the unit and have made plains to be in AZ. in Feb.2010 for the mounth.
Will let you know how I like the unit when we get back.
All Have A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Yes, do let me know how it performed. Sounds like youre going to Quartsite, AZ ?? Ive never been but want to. Maybe Feb. of 2011 if God allows. Since i chatted with you, I developed a small rip in the roof membrane from overhead tree branches...and got alot of water in the bunk area. Had to pull up the trim , dry it out real good, spray down some bleach, and of course fix the roof tear. Its alright now. Im going on my Florida Coastal RV Trip in a few more weeks where i go all the way around FLorida via the coast incl. the Keys. Will be nice to get away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing