Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:09 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,331 times

Advertisements

Most camp ground/ rv parks are privately owned so they can let in who ever they want. and they will tell you if you don't like it go some where else. i've been to some parks that don't want travel trailers. so you just have to call to see what their restrictions are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 02:20 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
OK then list the names & locations of these campgrounds so the we can advoid them...they dont want my business thats their loss.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:11 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
Most camp ground/ rv parks are privately owned so they can let in who ever they want. and they will tell you if you don't like it go some where else. i've been to some parks that don't want travel trailers. so you just have to call to see what their restrictions are.
Nobody said they don't have the right to their stupid restrictions. We're asking if it's the right thing to do. I never understood why so many people cannot tell the difference.

Taking my business elsewhere is exactly what I'd do. The very concept of campground snobbery strikes me as ridiculously ironic anyway.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:15 PM

Thats like hotels/motels asking what car you drive if they dont care for the year make & model to sit out in the parking lot ...you dont get a room!
I want a list of these campgrounds!!!

Old 05-24-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Thats like hotels/motels asking what car you drive if they dont care for the year make & model to sit out in the parking lot ...you dont get a room!
I want a list of these campgrounds!!!

THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT. private campground owners don't want every piece of junk rv or travel trailer in their camp ground. and since they own the land they can do what ever they want to. we found out when we were down south and out west. not every park is like that but some like to maintain a certain standard. if you went to stay at an rv park and you had a 1/2 a million dollar bus , would you want to be right be side the people with the 30 year old riped up popup camper ? i dought it very much. i know i wouldn't want to have to look at that all weekend. if you don't beleave me, if you find a park full of 1/2 a million dollar rv's see if you can get in with a popup. chances are you wouldn't even be able to afford a night at one of those places. unless of coarse you are rich.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Nobody said they don't have the right to their stupid restrictions. We're asking if it's the right thing to do. I never understood why so many people cannot tell the difference.

Taking my business elsewhere is exactly what I'd do. The very concept of campground snobbery strikes me as ridiculously ironic anyway.

well all i've got to say is if you travel around like we have you will see first hand. what im saying is very true. i've been the one with the 20 year old travel trailer so im telling you i know

Old 05-24-2008, 05:15 PM

Gee havent you heard stories of the bum on the street was actually a millionare!!
And the next night the same place might be full of 20 yr old campers....So then do they say NO to new campers??

Old 05-27-2008, 12:46 PM

522 posts, read 1,429,509 times
Default Rv Parks And Older Rvs

Must add to this discussion. I have an older RV too, so here's my experience.
1. Campgrounds are not all privately owned. In fact, most I've stayed in are public. If you're in any public campground, as in NPS, Forest Service, BLM, State Parks, etc., they DO NOT have any age restrictions.

2.PRIVATE RV PARKS vary. When I was around Laughlin/Bullhead City/Needles, almost all had age restrictions of 10 years or newer. When I questioned why I hadn't run into this much before, the answer was revealed--and this is important: IF YOU'RE STAYING FOR A NIGHT, OR WEEK, AND NOT LONG TERM, USUALLY THEY DON'T HOLD YOU TO THE SAME STANDARDS. That made sense, since that was usually how I traveled--week to week. Once looked at monthly, I was told about the age restrictions. Challenging the 'descrimination' aspect of this, some told me that if it's more than 10 years old, "they would have to inspect it to make sure it's safe, because of insurance liabilities". Now, that makes sense, (whether it's true or not, I don't know). But, some just said 'no exceptions', and I still wonder if they have a legal right to do this, on 'age' basis alone. Never challenged it.
I'm now in a town in NM since October, and didn't run into the issue. So, it depends on where you're at, I guess.

3. If you're on a 3 month trip, you're probably not going to run into the age restrictions, due to shorter stays, and pubic campgrounds. Even as a Passport America member, when I stay in their Privately affiliated RV parks, or any others, overnighters aren't questioned.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:54 PM

522 posts, read 1,429,509 times
Yes, I agree, I don't want to be with 'trailer trash', but I also don't want to stay at these 'luxury resorts' either. I think it's something you figure out pretty quickly on the road. My priorities in RV parks are space and 'relaxed' restrictions. I just can't "put my cats on a leash". Some say this in their rules, but you find out they really mean they don't want problems, mostly with dogs, and they often look the other way if you're not a problem. I know, most ppl with cats keep them inside, but that's not me. But, my cats are pretty 'stealth' like.

Last edited by anomoly; 05-27-2008 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: IN RESPONSE TO JFRRACING

Old 05-27-2008, 05:21 PM

Funny those new campers dont mind being next to the old trailer trash at my local WalMart ......o well maybe because it FREE!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing