Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 08:16 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed42 View Post
IMO, is if you need medical care for any of the pets, you have to take what you can get. However ,we did keep full medical records of each just to help a vet if something happens.

I'm impressed. That's a good tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 02:09 PM

885 posts, read 1,166,910 times
Good info. Thanks everyone.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:40 PM

131 posts, read 156,494 times
Good book on Amazon called RVing with Pets by Sunny Skye

Old 02-21-2020, 03:16 PM

561 posts, read 1,512,682 times
We have three dogs, two about 30# and a pit bull (who is sweet but barks in protection mode,) all of which are senior dogs we rescued over 10 years ago and we've NEVER had a problem. We are looking to buy a RV and go full time, but looking around at so called "pet friendly" campgrounds, I find most really are NOT. Even if they allow pets, they want to add a surcharge to your nightly rate--WTH is up with that (common for hotels, too?!) And the blanket "no aggressive breeds" is absolutely absurd! I'm tired of uninformed people making decisions that affect so many RVer's and pet owners based on their simple fears and by those blinded by greed! Any dog can be aggressive, most of those so called "aggressive breed" dogs are really friendly--it's the ones that have been abused or had bad owners that are the problem! Hey RV/campground owners/managers here's an idea -- how about making the decision on a case by case basis instead of a blanket ban.

If any one know of any true pet-friendly campgrounds that will allow 3 dogs, please PM me with the info. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:51 AM

716 posts, read 539,606 times
we have three labs and have not had any issues other than there kids want to play with them. we leave inside our 5th wheel all the time - but the dont bark unless someone knocks on the door -

we have a outdoor kennel we use again no issues - we chain them on 20 foot ropes to the trailer no problem

just pick up their crap and walk them 2-3 times daily -

Old 02-23-2020, 12:00 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
We have three dogs, two about 30# and a pit bull (who is sweet but barks in protection mode,) all of which are senior dogs we rescued over 10 years ago and we've NEVER had a problem. We are looking to buy a RV and go full time, but looking around at so called "pet friendly" campgrounds, I find most really are NOT. Even if they allow pets, they want to add a surcharge to your nightly rate--WTH is up with that (common for hotels, too?!) And the blanket "no aggressive breeds" is absolutely absurd! I'm tired of uninformed people making decisions that affect so many RVer's and pet owners based on their simple fears and by those blinded by greed! Any dog can be aggressive, most of those so called "aggressive breed" dogs are really friendly--it's the ones that have been abused or had bad owners that are the problem! Hey RV/campground owners/managers here's an idea -- how about making the decision on a case by case basis instead of a blanket ban.

If any one know of any true pet-friendly campgrounds that will allow 3 dogs, please PM me with the info. Thanks.

Don't blame the park owners. Blame the idiots who don't pick up after their dogs or who leave them in their rig all day so they bark constantly.

https://community.fmca.com/topic/686...s-at-rv-parks/

Old 02-23-2020, 03:04 PM

561 posts, read 1,512,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Don't blame the park owners. Blame the idiots who don't pick up after their dogs or who leave them in their rig all day so they bark constantly.

https://community.fmca.com/topic/686...s-at-rv-parks/
Yeah, right, that has absolutely nothing to do with breed or weight restrictions.....

Old 02-23-2020, 04:12 PM

7,103 posts, read 4,531,425 times
We had a RV and traveled with a 80lb husky/ shepherd mix and 3 Maltese. 12 years ago there were no breed restrictions at parks. Then insurance companies decided certain breeds were dangerous and they wouldn’t allow the parks to have them. Once a park said no German Shepherd so I said Noki was a malamute because he looked like one. Chains won’t allow more than 2 dogs. I would call small owner parks and explained the situation and most the time they would allow 4 dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing