Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 03:23 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,954,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
For may of us RVers, it's much preferable to stay in an RV rather than a filthy motel or hotel room, AND for those of us with, like me, more than 1 or 2 dogs, motels and hotels are right out anyhow. I have 2 Scottie dogs and a Sheltie. Hotels won't let me stay there as it is. Most RV parks have no problem with them.
I get that, but to go out and “buy” an RV because of the CD virus? Really? Nobody is attacking RVer’s. How about sticking with the theme of the thread rather than getting defensive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 05:34 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,910,758 times
All the job losses and businesses closures and bankruptcies will kill a lot of enthusiasm to buy spend and travel. People have been scared to death. This is like a bucket of cold water on the economy. Good economies run on optimism.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:55 AM

1,131 posts, read 386,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
All the job losses and businesses closures and bankruptcies will kill a lot of enthusiasm to buy spend and travel. People have been scared to death. This is like a bucket of cold water on the economy. Good economies run on optimism.
Very well stated. I feel the same. Perhaps used RVs will become primary homes as people unable to make their payments will lose their sticks and bricks.

I drove through Orlando last week and the usual traffic jams were nonexistent. Restaurants, malls, amusement attractions all empty. And it'll be like this for awhile, can't see where this stimulus support will be much help. Airlines, hotels are going to be ailing.....

Old 04-02-2020, 08:39 AM

995 posts, read 783,847 times
Quote:
Imho, sales will tank, like the rest of the economy. Should be some real bargains though if someone is in the market.
That's what I'm hoping, looking forward to a killer deal in October.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:17 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Imho, sales will tank, like the rest of the economy. Should be some real bargains though if someone is in the market.
^^^^Cheap fuel, cleanliness are positives but closures sure take the fun out of the road trip!

State/national parks getting closed etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtyrDZG-eDo

Old 04-02-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Very well stated. I feel the same. Perhaps used RVs will become primary homes as people unable to make their payments will lose their sticks and bricks.

I drove through Orlando last week and the usual traffic jams were nonexistent. Restaurants, malls, amusement attractions all empty. And it'll be like this for awhile, can't see where this stimulus support will be much help. Airlines, hotels are going to be ailing.....

Unemployment = trouble for any spending, nevermind boats/RVs/motorcycles/toys

"Sticks and bricks" are way easier to finance than an RV so I'd bet the RV gets repo'd long before someone lets their house go to foreclosure.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
I go on a 4 month journey in my RV every summer but cancelled all of it and got refunds for all my reservations. State Parks that I intended to use are shut down - if there are others like me who've decided not to travel, there will be a big hit on the economy from tourists like me not spending their usual money every summer ($5k/summer for me).
^^^ I didn't see this post earlier but this is exactly what I suspect will be the norm for the RV people this morning. I did see a neighbor load up his new diesel pusher for an extended summer long trip and he left a few days ago.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:56 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,696,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Good time to book and buy cruises for 2021 & 2022.
I wouldn't pay for anything right now (airline ticket, RV, cruise) that you can't walk away with it in hand after the deal. Cruise/airlines are unlikely to refund tickets if they're dissolved in bankruptcy.

Old 05-16-2020, 10:25 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,696,046 times
Good deals on RVs around me now. 20' 2020 new trailers are advertised for 11-12K when they had been priced at 15-17 three months ago.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:40 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,856,699 times
I've been toying with the idea of buying and converting a cargo trailer into a camper for short weekend trips this summer, this will in all likelihood be the only time in my life where I will be able to get into many of the high end seaside campgrounds and state parks here in my home state of Maine. Normally they are booked solid by out of staters for years in advance.

Just waiting to see if prices on trailers are gonna drop.
https://rvshare.com/blog/cargo-trail...version-ideas/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing