Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 03:25 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Wow there is some quality info coming on here. Also wanted to let you know that state parks in Missouri are open. I hope they do keep parks open because it’s easier to spread out when you’re outdoors.
lots of state parks in other states = closed.....really shouldn't but I guess they need to protect staff -bathrooms and other facilities are too hard to keep clean I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 08:43 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Im glad we bought a house and sold the RV. Things are really weird out there.
I don't expect to be able to take our trailer on the road much this year, but it's parked next to our house, under some tall fir trees, in a scenic setting.

It's much like being at a campground, so I'm using it as my home office as long as I'm working from home. It's very comfortable, I have the kitchen and bathroom close by, and I control the heat and AC, unlike at the office.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:05 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I don't expect to be able to take our trailer on the road much this year, but it's parked next to our house, under some tall fir trees, in a scenic setting.

It's much like being at a campground, so I'm using it as my home office as long as I'm working from home. It's very comfortable, I have the kitchen and bathroom close by, and I control the heat and AC, unlike at the office.
That’s great that you have a use for it and in a scenic setting besides.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:47 PM

I’m headed out in a couple of hours. Will stay close to home for a little while. Then I’ll look for a little patch in a natl forest to call home for now and then see what happens. If I feel unsafe I’ll look for a place to stay or rent. I know of an intentional community and maybe they’ll let me stay by myself for fourteen days and then let me in and then maybe not. It may be too late for such a thing right now. I’ll report back and let you all know what happens. If you don’t hear back in a week or so, I’ll be in the great beyond. Lol.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:54 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Be Safe Out There, Steph.
"Walk Softly & Carry a Big Stick"...
Drive Safely.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:17 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Usually I stop at planet fitness to shower but I’m also quite good at getting clean in about a half gallon of water inside the van if I need to. Life is about to get a lot more real and the good news is that gas will be cheap. For now.
Some states, Maryland for example, ordered gyms closed.

Old 03-24-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Be Safe Out There, Steph.
"Walk Softly & Carry a Big Stick"...
Drive Safely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Some states, Maryland for example, ordered gyms closed.
Thanks Hawk! I landed at a state park last night and today is a rainy day so I’m spending it in my van with a box of books and an iPad. All is well but I had to do some shopping and laundry at a laundromat yesterday. It was a little scary actually but the laundromat was almost empty.

And yes Cruzincat, I saw that. I’m probably going to start looking for a place to live, because I suspect that as economic woes increase, it’s not only going to get more dangerous out here in the streets, but life is just going to get more difficult all around. Though that will probably be the case at a house too.

Btw, the campground has no more campers here than would be usual for this time of week and year.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:50 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,293,948 times
Stepka, take care of yourself.

As for me, my favorite brother is ill and I will be returning to Minnesota to help him. Part of me says, but...but...I haven't even been the road yet.

Most of me says, thank g he survived and I can't wait to see him. It'll still be awhile as I wind things down here. This will be a good time for me to hunker down, get him totally on the road to health and plan on the future.

For you, watch facebook woman's groups, there seem to be people offering spots. I don't know St ouis at all so cannot offer help there.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:06 AM

1,131 posts, read 387,178 times
There are a lot of Youtubers who are full time RVers having to find ways to deal with the virus, social distancing, etc...
Here's one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MzfBViAyqM&t=57s

Old 03-25-2020, 03:25 AM

19,023 posts, read 14,201,797 times
FYI : a car wash connected with a gas station usually has GREAT HOT WATER in their rest rooms... plenty of water in their reservoir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing