Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:11 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I"ve been reading through this camping and RVing thread and seems like everybody has an RV or some type of big camper to call "camping". That aint camping! That's taking your house with you! When I camp, we pack the tent, a wooden camp kitchen my dad made about 40 years ago, the lantern and stove, and the rest of the gear we need. No TV, no radio, no microwaves, nothing electrical. We still camp in the regular campgrounds, but with no electricity, $12 a night is nice! An old friend told me they started to go camping for the weekend but had to cancel. Something was wrong with the microwave in the camper. Am I the only one who still tent camps? I know I'm not because my wife and I went last month (her first camping trip in 31 years and she loved it) there were quite a few tents in use.
Air mattress?! Coleman stove?! What about an old skillet on the coals? What about sleeping bag against tent floor and stumps and roots making your back ache for days? THATS camping!

Nah, really I agree 110% with your post. RV's are for P***ys! If you don't camp in a tent, your not camping! I am old school too, your not alone. I also use the air mattress and coleman stove but that's about the height of my comfort on a camping trip.

The microwave is broke? Oh my god, people

RVing is pretty cool, drive across country in a house with wheels blocking the other cars views and guzzling tons of gas. Still it does look fun I must admit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OomCurt View Post
The way I see it...Rv'ing is traveling, nothing more. Tent camping is camping. I can see where those older folks or if someone has problems might use a RV..but again, it ain't camping. 'Least not in my book... It kinda galls me, reading some of these posts about crowded rv camps, or the air smells....etc. Get a life, people! Before anyone thinks I am some young guy...I ain't. I'm 70 years old, go hunting, sleep on the ground, and am not overly concerned about "cleanliness" or germs, for that matter. Sheesh!
That's the way it was AND WE LIKED IT!!!!
(anyone take a stab at what that is from?)

Old 06-27-2009, 10:40 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
RV's are for P***ys!
RVing is pretty cool, drive across country in a house with wheels blocking the other cars views and guzzling tons of gas. Still it does look fun I must admit.
Let me guess... your one of those that have to fly by us on the road, cut me off because you might *gasp* have to get behind us and be slowed down by 3 minutes. And we don't guzzle tons of gas... We guzzle tons of diesel.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:47 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
I love camping in a tent but if i we're to go for a long trip site seeing I would go with a RV for sure.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Let me guess... your one of those that have to fly by us on the road, cut me off because you might *gasp* have to get behind us and be slowed down by 3 minutes. And we don't guzzle tons of gas... We guzzle tons of diesel.
Yep, I'm that guy

Old 06-28-2009, 03:55 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I do both. During season I pack it way back in with minimal besides food. When I take the kids for a vacation I love my shower and internet and tv

Besides, beer is heavy and hard to pack in.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Yep, I'm that guy
Actually it's no problem... hope you get there quicker... just do me a favor... next time you pass me and whip in in front of me... Don't hit your brakes real quickly to get into the spot. I'm leaving room there for stopping distance. I can't stop this rig on a dime. And unless your driving an 18-wheeler, I'm a lot bigger, and the next thing you'll see is my front windshield in your backseat. Thank you. (Seriously... there is nothing more scary than this very scenario).

Old 06-28-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Actually it's no problem... hope you get there quicker... just do me a favor... next time you pass me and whip in in front of me... Don't hit your brakes real quickly to get into the spot. I'm leaving room there for stopping distance. I can't stop this rig on a dime. And unless your driving an 18-wheeler, I'm a lot bigger, and the next thing you'll see is my front windshield in your backseat. Thank you. (Seriously... there is nothing more scary than this very scenario).

Had that happen today, guy whips around us then around the corner it's a dead stop. Dude had eyes big as saucers as I was trying get the beast stopped ----

Old 06-29-2009, 02:16 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
Theoretically, I have no problem with RVers. The problem is, there has been such an explosion of em its getting hard to find regular primitive campsites. Now they are all "improved" and overdeveloped, with playgrounds and large sections of gravel and pavement, buidlings, etc... I just took a trip around the region a few weeks ago and this annoyed me to no end. Such beautiful nature... destroyed...

Old 06-30-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Theoretically, I have no problem with RVers. The problem is, there has been such an explosion of em its getting hard to find regular primitive campsites. Now they are all "improved" and overdeveloped, with playgrounds and large sections of gravel and pavement, buidlings, etc... I just took a trip around the region a few weeks ago and this annoyed me to no end. Such beautiful nature... destroyed...
You'd like S Cal as most camp grounds are not developed. Most don't have electricity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing