Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
PUP's are like the doll house you ( I ) never had!! They are so dang roomy. I sweat they have more storage than some hard sided trailers.
That is why I bought the pop up instead of the small hard sided trailer.

I felt claustrophobic when I went into the little trailer. and instead of having an open square space, the floor layout was like an L, just odd and if felt cramped compared to my friend's pop up.

Anyway, the popup is sitting in my driveway as we speak!!

I had the girl I brought it from pop it up with me again, then later realized that I had never seen her put it down! LOL! so later I am going to have to look on youtube for some videos about how to put it down.

I've got to finish going through what is in it. She gave me some pots and pans, some of which I 'm going to keep and some I'll toss.

I was also looking online for a good list of stuff to have in the camper. I am going to pick up supplies for it through the winter so that when spring comes I will be ready to go and won't have the expense of a million little things for the camper. For example, I know I need some King sheets, and I don't want to have to buy them next spring. There is also a bunch of other stuff I've got to get.

Speaking of supplies, if anyone has any ideas of items I'll need, feel free to throw them out there. Especially if you think they are something I might not ordinarily think of!

I tell you, I'm pretty excited about this camper.

I think I'm going to move into it next summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
I like to keep my pop up stocked with small coffee maker but also a perculator coffee maker for the stove plus a can of instant coffee -- just in case. Paper and plastic plates, a couple ceramic coffee mugs, cups, plastic and washable eating utensils, matches, first aid kit, knives, cutting board, cheap rain panchos, extra clothes, at least one set of shorts or swim shorts, t-shirts and warm clothes like sweat shirts and pants and socks for every one kept stored in the popup. Portable grill and small table, foldable chairs for the campfire -- kept in pop-up ready to go, storage bins for towels, wash clothes and supplies that stay in the popup ready to go but easily moved to outside under the pull out beds when setting up. I keep sleeping bags, pillows, smaller tents, fishing poles and equipment in the popup -- but the stuff less often used is packed the least conveniently placed. Long and short extension cord to hook to electricity, Portable grill with a couple propane canisters, grill cooking utensils, cooking oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, toothpaste, extra toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, deodorant, nail clippers, cheap plastic sandals for when using public showers, scissors, radio, batteries of various sizes, small portable television and cheap dvd player for rainy days -- kept in the popup -- that way it's pretty much ready to go and little packing and unpacking is needed for a quick (or even long) trip. Cans of soup or dry, oatmeal, chocolate milk packets, drink mixes, tang, koolaid -- enough dry and canned stuff to last a week at least, anything that just needs water to reconstitute plus a good can opener of course. Aluminum foil for hobo meals, hot dog skewers, air compressor. Laundry soap, dish soap, a couple square plastic bins for washing whatever needs washing. It's a home away from home.

It's amazing what fits in a small popup. Packing up for a trip just involves everything throwing a few clothes and shoes into duffle bags which also can go into the popup, some fresh food, unpacking can be just as simple -- most everything stays in the popup.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I like to keep my pop up stocked with small coffee maker but also a perculator coffee maker for the stove plus a can of instant coffee -- just in case. Paper and plastic plates, a couple ceramic coffee mugs, cups, plastic and washable eating utensils, matches, first aid kit, knives, cutting board, cheap rain panchos, extra clothes, at least one set of shorts or swim shorts, t-shirts and warm clothes like sweat shirts and pants and socks for every one kept stored in the popup. Portable grill and small table, foldable chairs for the campfire -- kept in pop-up ready to go, storage bins for towels, wash clothes and supplies that stay in the popup ready to go but easily moved to outside under the pull out beds when setting up. I keep sleeping bags, pillows, smaller tents, fishing poles and equipment in the popup -- but the stuff less often used is packed the least conveniently placed. Long and short extension cord to hook to electricity, Portable grill with a couple propane canisters, grill cooking utensils, cooking oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, toothpaste, extra toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, deodorant, nail clippers, cheap plastic sandals for when using public showers, scissors, radio, batteries of various sizes, small portable television and cheap dvd player for rainy days -- kept in the popup -- that way it's pretty much ready to go and little packing and unpacking is needed for a quick (or even long) trip. Cans of soup or dry, oatmeal, chocolate milk packets, drink mixes, tang, koolaid -- enough dry and canned stuff to last a week at least, anything that just needs water to reconstitute plus a good can opener of course. Aluminum foil for hobo meals, hot dog skewers, air compressor. Laundry soap, dish soap, a couple square plastic bins for washing whatever needs washing. It's a home away from home.

It's amazing what fits in a small popup. Packing up for a trip just involves everything throwing a few clothes and shoes into duffle bags which also can go into the popup, some fresh food, unpacking can be just as simple -- most everything stays in the popup.
Wow! That's everything I have in my travel trailer!

Not sure if you mentioned pre made fire staters or not. I get them at Walmart on clearance end of the winter. They last forever and it only takes a small piece. Makes starting a fire so easy.
Also I found some of the parks don't have shower curtains on the stalls. A regular broom lays on top just prefect. A shower curtain with rings from the dollar store and your all set.

Try to imagine what you will be doing in detail and what you will need to do it and your all set. Keep a list going of things you find you wish you had and of things that you don't really use. It takes time. Most of what you need can be found for cheap. Remember not to take anything your not prepared to loose or forget. We find a " treasure" every time we go. Found a nice little rug this past trip.

Your going to love it!!

Old 11-15-2009, 06:21 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Wow! That's everything I have in my travel trailer!

Not sure if you mentioned pre made fire staters or not. I get them at Walmart on clearance end of the winter. They last forever and it only takes a small piece. Makes starting a fire so easy.
Also I found some of the parks don't have shower curtains on the stalls. A regular broom lays on top just prefect. A shower curtain with rings from the dollar store and your all set.

Try to imagine what you will be doing in detail and what you will need to do it and your all set. Keep a list going of things you find you wish you had and of things that you don't really use. It takes time. Most of what you need can be found for cheap. Remember not to take anything your not prepared to loose or forget. We find a " treasure" every time we go. Found a nice little rug this past trip.

Your going to love it!!
I do keep a broom and dust pan in mine -- I left those out but I didn't think to keep a shower curtain in it. But I do keep disposable picnic table covers in case there's a picnic table I want to use but don't want to wash first. I also have a few rugs and tarps and tie-downs that I forget to mention.

What's works is to camp out near a place that has camping stores or Walmarts or something and while camping, you head to the store and get many of the things you decide you should have and just leave them in the pop up. Each time you add a few more things and soon you're all set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing