Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 05:53 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Only 7,000 miles.

NO RESERVE RV MOTOR HOME 2004 7K MILES SLIDE SACRAMENTO

NO RESERVE RV MOTOR HOME 2004 7K MILES SLIDE SACRAMENTO:eBay Motors (item 270497415706 end time Dec-13-09 16:00:11 PST)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 08:52 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times
I can't comment on whether or not this is a good deal, but I will state what I noticed about the ad. There were no pictures of the interior, so it has me wondering if the unit was a live-in unit at some point. The very low mileage, at just over 1000 miles per year, would suggest that this is a possibility.
It's also possible that the unit just wasn't used much, so that could lead to other problems, such as rodent infestation. You'll have to look it over carefully to see what the story is behind it.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
It's being sold by a wholesaler, and there are additional photos of the interior. You have to click on the link at the bottom of the first photo. It currently has 54 bids on it.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:11 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,016,416 times
Always check the date on the tires, most people buying a used RV will get stuck with having to buy new tires if they do not do their homework...Most experenced RV'ers will tell you not to run a tire that is older then 5-6 years in age....Tread depth means nothing on an RV tire its all about when they were made...My guess is that these tires are original and made sometime in 2003 so expect to pay out a few grand for new tires before you make your first trip.....If you dont know how to check the age of the tires here is a little tip...Look on the side wall of the tire and you will see a DOT stamp

The DOT Code begins with the letters "DOT" followed by a plant code (two numbers or letters) that identifies where it was manufactured. The last four numbers represent the week and year the tire was made. Any tire made in the year 2000 and beyond will have a 4-digit code. So for example, 3003 means the tire was manufactured in the 30th week of 2003......2508 means the tire was manufactured in the 25th week of 2008 etc.....

I would never even think about buying an RV without having it weighed first...Find out how much it weighs so you will know what the true CCC is......Why buy an RV that could be close to it's max weight and then you cant carry all of the personal belonging you want to carry with you. Not only is a over weight RV unsafe it is also illegal to drive on the road

Also be very careful when looking at used RV's.....several hundred were flooded out this year and are now trying to be sold by wholesalers....Always pay an RV mechanic a few hundred bucks to inspect any used RV you are serious thinking about making an offer on.....This is money well spent as he will crawl over every inch of the motor coach and find any problems.......This info can then be used to know what kind of money you will have to spend to fix the problems yourself and/or can be used to lower the original price point on the coach. You can also request that the repairs be done my the original owner or dealership before any paperwork is signed or better yet you can just walk away and keep looking.

Last edited by rtandc; 12-17-2009 at 09:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing