Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:15 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgomez912 View Post
Thanks for all the advice. I still plan to look at a few more listings before I make a choice. I will make sure to get it checked out before purchase. Either that or save up more and buy a new class C at $60K
NO NO NO !!! Do not buy brand new despite it helping to boost the current economic depression. Buy nearly new. Let some one else eat all the quick initial depreciation.

There are some great deals out there but financing has all dried up even for the 3 people on earth left with over a 700 FICO scam....oops I mean score.

Some RV dealers are offering in house financing these days, because if they don't then they would not sell anything. If you have any reasonable credit rating and want to buy newer, then go to Camping World RV sales. They do have new and 2-3 year old used. Their used are cherry and offer a warranty equal to brand new RVs. They do in house financing.

Another option is RV rental stores. When these RVs are done with their rental life they are put for sale, often these places do in house financing. These are newer 1 to 2 year old rigs but always nearing 100,000 miles ore more. That to me is scary despite the old story that they are all highway miles. These places also offer awesome warranties on these completely refurbished rigs. They will also nearly always be class Cs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 12:49 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Most of us who own and/or live in our RVs purchase a road warranty. The most popular is sold by Good Sam but also a bit expensive. Whatever the case, keep in mind no road warranty will insure any rig over 10 years old. That leaves you with worry if anything goes wrong.
We purchased a 10 year old Class A and a road warranty from Progressive.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:29 AM

327 posts, read 132,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
There are lots of detailed check sheets for RV evaluations posted on web. For my 20 mpg Class C RV there is a specific sheet for that particular model with well over 100 items to check. Remote sellers were not totally impressed when I emailed the list and sent them to an RV inspection place to get 'tested'. That was money well spent from my perspective.

I've found a generic check-sheet at RV Inspection Checklist.

Where can I find model specific sheets?

Old 11-17-2013, 06:26 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriting View Post

Why would you need something model specific? That "generic" list looks to be very inclusive of well equipped camper. It doesn't matter what model you have, they are all equipped similarly.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriting View Post

Here is a specific website to my VW Winnebago (Which is considerably different that your average Class C)
Winnebago Rialta Motor Home )
Yahoo Groups
+/- for all. I like the 20 mpg, but it is not keen 'off-road' (I tote a $500 LIGHT weight 500cc Dual sport for my woodsy or desert adventures). I have a 125mpg trials bike if I REALLY want to go light. Mine will also fit in a small shipping container for my many overseas trips. While I would love to convert it to a TDI (I have 6 of those @ 52 mpg). The VR6 is really a powerhouse and quite efficient. It will probably lug this 7,000# r till 300k. I have some of my 52 mpg wagons outfitted to tow a 'teardrop' and they have outdoor shower / motoraid HW heater. I like their 25 gal fuel tanks for 1200+ miles between fuel stops!.

You will find many people who have done the same blog / info site for many popular (tho unique) Class A's and C's, and trailers.

Search for users groups. Clubs specific to model, ... We have lots of 'get-to-gethers' to add improvements to each other's rigs and share 'best practices'

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes

Th top of the line for class C is a 'Honey Dew?" something like that. Ford Chassis with fenderskirts and fiberglass camper. They can be had for the right price. Really depends what you want and how you will use it. Skoolie works for many. Some need the 2-3 slides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing