Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 10:24 PM

543 posts, read 943,695 times

Advertisements

Which are only exclusive to Canada and not imported from anywhere.....Like I've
heard about Molson Canadian
Beer,Vodka,Whisey are my usual tonic......so with regards to these beverages which *only* Canadian brands are worth stocking and relishing -Can anyone give me a defined list.

Thank you
Rishi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 10:33 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,597 times
Bloody Caesar! Like a Bloody Mary only it's made with Clamato juice (a combo of tomato and clam juice), and way tastier!

The Clamato comes in regular and extra spicy. Go for the spicy one.

I miss those.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:52 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times
Default Oregon didn' know what Clamato was!

[quote=Vichel;15186232]Bloody Caesar! Like a Bloody Mary only it's made with Clamato juice (a combo of tomato and clam juice), and way tastier!

I miss those.[/quote)
I thought Clamato was universal as it's owned by an American brand anyway. Imagine my surprise when the bar in Beaverton, Oregon didn't know what we were talking about!

Oh, and Centennial Rye Whiskey, if you can find it, beat a blind taste test against four other rye whiskeys that cost double. It comes in a tall round bottle with a long narrow glass neck.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:04 AM

1,654 posts, read 5,855,640 times
[quote=thedwightguy;15186389]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Bloody Caesar! Like a Bloody Mary only it's made with Clamato juice (a combo of tomato and clam juice), and way tastier!

I miss those.[/quote)
I thought Clamato was universal as it's owned by an American brand anyway. Imagine my surprise when the bar in Beaverton, Oregon didn't know what we were talking about!

Oh, and Centennial Rye Whiskey, if you can find it, beat a blind taste test against four other rye whiskeys that cost double. It comes in a tall round bottle with a long narrow glass neck.
It only becomes a true Caesar when you rim it with pepper and add vodka along with some tobasco and hot sauce.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:13 AM

I like to rim my Caesars with celery salt. And I add a few drops of Worcestershire, and a good squeeze of lemon.

I doubt I've ever seen it in American restaurants or bars so regardless of who owns Motts, it's seems to be a Canadian drink. Whenever I talk about Clamato here in Oz, people turn their noses up when they hear it's got clam juice in it. I can order the stuff from an online food store in Melbourne but it's a treat, at $7.50 a bottle plus shipping! Every time I go to the US or Canada for a visit, that's one of the first things I pick up at the store. I like Virgin Caesars too, or just straight.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:56 AM

Just thought of another one: icewine. Even though I believe it originated in Germany, Canada is a huge producer of icewine, influenced by German vintners in the Okanagan and Ontario.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:59 AM

77 posts, read 284,516 times
I don't know about drinks very well, but Crown Royal, Canadian Club (both whisky), Iceberg (vodka), are the ones I sometimes buy - they are pretty popular too I think.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:45 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
I like to rim my Caesars with celery salt. And I add a few drops of Worcestershire, and a good squeeze of lemon.

I doubt I've ever seen it in American restaurants or bars so regardless of who owns Motts, it's seems to be a Canadian drink. Whenever I talk about Clamato here in Oz, people turn their noses up when they hear it's got clam juice in it. I can order the stuff from an online food store in Melbourne but it's a treat, at $7.50 a bottle plus shipping! Every time I go to the US or Canada for a visit, that's one of the first things I pick up at the store. I like Virgin Caesars too, or just straight.
I agree....there is nothing quite like a Caesar!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada