Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 06:41 PM

41 posts, read 227,158 times

Advertisements

A man and his wife were driving their RV across Florida and were nearing a town called Kissimmee. They noted the strange spelling and tried to figure how to pronounce it -- KISS-a-me; kis-A-me; kis-a-ME?

They grew more perplexed as they drove into the town. Since they were hungry, they pulled into a restaurant to get something to eat. At the counter, the man said to the waitress; "My wife and I can't seem to be able to figure out how to pronounce this place. Will you tell me where we are and say it very slowly so that I can understand?"

The woman looked at him and said; "Buuurrrgerrr Kiiiinnnng."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 06:51 PM

Default Funky monkey video

[quote=dougie86;15717539]huh .. he's back

that's what i've been doing on my days off...

http://funadgets.co.uk/images/flying_monkey1.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-03-2010, 09:41 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,815,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpg_99 View Post
We sure do love Cuba

Old 09-04-2010, 01:42 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,042,146 times
ARE YOU A CUBAN? HOW CAN YOU TELL FOR SURE?

1) If you have ever been hit by a "Chancleta. "

2) If you grew up scared by something called "El Coco"
3) If others tell you to stop screaming when you are really just talking.
4) If you light a candle to Virgin Mary on the night before your big test.
5) If you use your lips to point something out.
6) If you constantly refer to cereal as "con fleys".
7) If your mother yells at the top of her lungs to call you for dinner, even if it's a one bedroom apartment.
8) If you can dance merengue, cumbia, or salsa without music.
9) If you use "margarina" instead of olive oil and can't figure out why your butt is getting bigger.
10) If you are in a five passenger car with seven people in it and a person is shouting "subanse, todavia caben!"
11) If whenever you feel under the weather, you compulsively dab on some "vapor rub" (vivaporu) all over your chest and inside your nostrils.

12) Your mom packs your "lonchera" every day even though you've just turned thirty-two.
13) If you call the North Americans "gringos", including Canadians, and call all Asian people "chinos" or "chinitos" and you call the corner store "the chinito store".

Old 09-05-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
ARE YOU A CUBAN? HOW CAN YOU TELL FOR SURE?
4) If you light a candle to Virgin Mary on the night before your big test.
11) If whenever you feel under the weather, you compulsively dab on some "vapor rub" (vivaporu) all over your chest and inside your nostrils.
4) Also applies to Catholic school upbringing. I wrote 'J.M.J' and a cross on the top right corner of ALL my tests (didn't help).
11) don't have to be Cuban enjoy the benefits of "Vics". As kids in the early 60's my mom put it in a vaporizer when we were sick, she also gave us a hot toddy with rum...don't know which one was the miracle cure...

Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 PM

355 posts, read 2,365,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhead View Post
Q: How do you get 1500 Canadians out of the pool?

A: You say "Please...get out of the pool."

I know that, as a joke, the statement above is supposed to exaggerate a status quo, or tap on a stereotype.

But, if the statement were true, and people were that respectful of rules and regulations, that would be a great place to live.

I don't want to live in a place where a life guard asks 150 people to get out of the pool and the African-Americans in the crowd say: "Why? Because we are black?"; and the white anglo-saxons say "This is a breach of contract, and you are restricting our right to reasonable enjoyment" and they file a lawsuit; and the hispanics (with papers) say: "Chinga tu madre, cabrón! Me cago en las reglas!"; and while all those groups get to stay in the pool and do whatever they like, the hispanics (with no papers) have to quietly leave the pool, because they have no rights, and if they speak up, their accents will give them away, and the life guard will ask to see their immigrations papers, and they could be deported...

No, I prefer the 150 Canadians (of all skin colors, races, creeds, immigrations statuses) just leaving the pool...

(Note: any perceived stereotyping in the contents of this message is purely coincidental)

Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 AM

A Canadian guy is walking down the street with a case of beer under his arm.
His friend Randy stops him and asks, "Hey Dave! Whatcha got that case of beer for?"
"Well, I got it for my wife, you see?" answers Dave.
"Wow," exclaims Randy, "Great trade."

Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 PM

Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50 Fahrenheit (10 C)
New Yorkers try to turn on the heat.
Canadians plant gardens.

40 Fahrenheit (4.4 C)
Californians shiver uncontrollably
Canadians Sunbathe.

35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C)
Italian Cars won't start
Canadians drive with the windows down

32 Fahrenheit (0 C)
Distilled water freezes
Canadian water gets thicker.

0 Fahrenheit (-17.9 C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-40 Fahrenheit (-40 C)
Hollywood disintegrates.
Canadians rent some videos.

-60 Fahrenheit (-51 C)
Mt. St. Helen's freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100 Fahrenheit (-73 C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole
Canadians pull down their earflaps.

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C)
Ethyl alcohol freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-459.4 Fahrenheit (-273 C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh? "

-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C)
Hell freezes over.
The Leafs win the Cup

Old 09-09-2010, 10:11 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,850,466 times
Default The Newfie Millionaire

The Newfie Millionaire

Jorgie, from Newfoundland, appeared on the 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' TV show. Towards the end of the program, Jorgie had already won $500,000.

"You've done very well so far," said Chris Tarrant, the show's presenter, "but for a million dollars, you've now got just one life-line left if you need any help: THE PHONE A FRIEND option. Everything is riding on this one last question. Are you going for it or will you take the $500,000 and go home?"

"Yes, by," said Jorgie. "I'll have a go, aye!"

"Okay. For one million dollars, Which of the following birds does NOT build its own nest?

a) The Sparrow
b) The Thrush
c) The Magpie
d) The Cuckoo?"

"Well now. I ain't gatta a clue." said Jorgie, ''so I'll use dat dare loif-loins and phone me friend Charlie back home in Carner Brook."

So Jorgie called up his mate, and told him the circumstances and repeated the question to him.

"Fookin hell, Jorgie!" cried Charlie. "Dat's simple......

It's a cuckoo."

"Are you sure?" said Jorgie.

"Lard Je'sus b'y. Yes I'm fookin sure."

Jorgie hung up the phone and told Chris, "I'll go wit Cuckoo as my answer, aye, cause Charlie
gots a grade eight dee-ploma."

"Is that your final answer?" asked Chris.

"Yes it is, b'y"

There was a long long pause, and then the presenter screamed, "Cuckoo is the correct answer! Jorgie, you've won 1 million Dollars!"

Back home the next night, Jorgie invited Charlie to their local pub to buy him a drink.

He says "Tell me, Charlie ole ****. How in da Lard's name did ya know it was da Cuckoo dat don't build its own nest?"

Charlie says "Because a cuckoo don't need a nest. It lives in a fookin clock!"

Old 09-11-2010, 06:27 AM

Doubt its true but it is funny...

From a transcript of a radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations on 10 Oct 1995, between a US Navy vessel and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland:

Americans: "Please divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision."

Canadians: "Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision."

Americans: "This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course."

Canadians: "No, I say again, divert YOUR course."

Americans: "This is the aircraft carrier USS Missouri. We are a large warship of the US Navy. DIVERT YOUR COURSE *NOW*."

Canadians: "We are a lighthouse. Your call."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada