Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:15 PM

4 posts, read 13,556 times

Advertisements

Would you (as a Canadian) accept the offer of 1 Million bucks each and sell canada to the States?

Think about it?

Crime would move North along with their hand guns but how swift would this change be?

What would you do with the money? Buy land, Move?

I'd sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 02:42 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,544,784 times
As an American, I'd totally buy! In fact, I'd just trade you our land and scenery for yours if I could.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:44 PM

24 posts, read 430,173 times
I'm American and wouldn't sell out to USA if I were Canadian. America destroys all that is good in their own sneaky way. With America it's buy now and pay later. They buy you out and pay you later with crap.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:43 PM

148 posts, read 875,007 times
It would take more than 1 million...

Old 07-18-2007, 08:55 PM

26 posts, read 168,239 times
No, I wouldn't do it for all the money in the world. I live in the usa now and Canada is brilliant with it's beauty and culture and I would never sell out. I would be doing the country a diservice.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,798,098 times
Please PLEASE Don't sell out! NAFTA, the North/South Hwy - how much damage and destruction that the mega corp's will do, and have done.

I hate what these people have done and are doing to our United States.

I loved Canada when I lived there. I love the US. But, I (among many others) prefer to remain separate. We don't want this North American Union that is planned for us.

As long as the People remain mis-informed, tho, and don't vote, or don't 'Intelligently' vote, then we'll lose what we had/have.

blessings, Shen

Old 07-26-2007, 01:39 PM

764 posts, read 1,453,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post
Please PLEASE Don't sell out! NAFTA, the North/South Hwy - how much damage and destruction that the mega corp's will do, and have done.

I hate what these people have done and are doing to our United States.

I loved Canada when I lived there. I love the US. But, I (among many others) prefer to remain separate. We don't want this North American Union that is planned for us.

As long as the People remain mis-informed, tho, and don't vote, or don't 'Intelligently' vote, then we'll lose what we had/have.

blessings, Shen
Well said, Shen!

Absolutely! Canada needs to be Canada. How on Earth could any society so huge as what is planned by this NAU monstrosity produce anything but massive turmoil, and create what could easily be hundreds of millions of poor over the years, while the government/mega-corp/military plutocracy (then made up of Canadians, Americans, and Mexicans) reaches astronomical levels of wealth. And what of Canada's resources? Say bye-bye.

There is another thread entitled "A Question for Canada" regarding these plans. There isn't much response.

Last edited by happyappy; 07-26-2007 at 02:19 PM..

Old 07-28-2007, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,501 times
Question sell canada - become a world citizen

Yes sell canada to highest bidder - USA - China - Canada has many resources that are not shared with the canadian citizens and in some cases given away for under-table deal - the price in 1970's was one million therefore the price today would be between 5 and 10 million dollars - this will give canadians many options - IF you know where i can obtain the manual that was produced in the 70's - step by step how to go about selling canada please inform - i did have a copy and loaned it out never to be returned - would you love to have the money and be able to be a world citizen?

even if your vote would be not to sell canada consider it may be taken from you in due course anyway - did you know there is or was a plan in place to invade canada? guess who? you only get one vote!

Old 07-29-2007, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,483 times
Hi all!

I was about to ask of that North American Union....
Somebody else did that already.

One thing is for sure! The Military Industrial Complex do whatever "he" wants.
And one last thing I've heard and really agreed with: "somewhere where the government fears the people it means there is liberty but where the people fears the government, there is tyranny".
I don't know who said that but he was so right.
Sorry if I stepped from the topic....

Greetings

Last edited by AnotherOne; 07-29-2007 at 11:50 AM..

Old 07-29-2007, 02:45 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,227,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Darrell View Post
Would you (as a Canadian) accept the offer of 1 Million bucks each and sell canada to the States?

Think about it?

Crime would move North along with their hand guns but how swift would this change be?

What would you do with the money? Buy land, Move?

I'd sell.
Why not? America was sold out long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada