Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:25 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times

Advertisements

How do most Canadians feel about our President Bush's push for a North American Union. Mexico, Canada, USA becoming one with open borders and trade, new flag etc. Just curious. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM

323 posts, read 1,390,829 times
As an American living in Canada for 30 years.....Hell No!! I never want to see Canada become like the U.S.A. Quick, lock up the border!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 08:06 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Well, it would be more like Canada and America becoming more like Mexico, but I hear you.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:11 PM

4 posts, read 13,575 times
Ridiculous.

When did you hear this? There was a time 20 years ago the question was: Would you as a Canadian accept 1 million Dollars and all Canadians would sell Canada to the USA.

I would. Then move.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:27 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
How do most Canadians feel about our President Bush's push for a North American Union. Mexico, Canada, USA becoming one with open borders and trade, new flag etc. Just curious. Thanks
I love America's image as being very independant, patriotic and somewhat conservative nation, however outdated that might be. That would be lost if we all blended together.

On the other hand that would solve my problem about finding permanent legal employement somewhere sub-tropical. The only thing that differentiates me from your stereotypical American is a piece of paper; my birth certificate, it would be near-impossible to tell I wasn't American otherwise.

Yet I'm satisfied with Canada's health care at the moment. It would suck if that disappeared.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:07 PM

26 posts, read 168,511 times
Leave it all the way it is. Don't listen to BUSH.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 AM

764 posts, read 1,456,852 times
Default Please, be aware!

I certainly hope all Canadians will become aware of this monstrosity that the neoconservatives in America are pushing. It’s being discussed in Canada’s media, I’ve seen some articles on the Internet about it. In the articles I’ve read it’s referred to in Canada as “deep integration” by American and Canadian governmental and industrial organizations.

What it means is this:

The neoconservatives in America’s governmental/industrial/military complex want access to Canada’s natural resources, and the ability to influence Canada’s economy through tax codes, rules, regulations, and legislation. These machinations are designed to funnel enormous sums of capital into the hands of the few, the plutocracy, a modern-day aristocracy, a return to the type of rule that America fought a revolution over in the late 18th century. However, this time around, the rulers have gained power through stealth over a few decades without causing revolt by the people. This empowerment has been insidious.

Canada is one of the few civilized countries left in the world and her citizens have managed to remain separated from America’s power mongers. I implore anyone reading this thread to learn as much as possible about this upcoming travesty and to engage as many of your fellow citizens in discussion as possible.

When searching for articles, I recommend search words such as “north american future 2025 project,” “deep integration,” “nafta superhighway,” “the plan to disappear canada.”

Here are the six (6) categories, for which planning has begun, for the North American Future 2025 Project:

Future of North American Labor Mobility
Future of North American Energy
Future of the North American Environment
Future of North American Security
Future of North American Competitiveness
Future of North American Border Infrastructure and Logistics

To some people, the titles for these categories don’t conjure images of disaster. Please scrutinize them all closely. In my humble opinion, nothing—and I do mean NOTHING—in these plans are designed for the overall benefit of Canada’s citizenry. These plans are intended to accomplish what is happening in America right now: A conversion into a new (neo) national order in which those who own America will rule America.

This can happen to you, too.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:51 PM

29 posts, read 180,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
I certainly hope all Canadians will become aware of this monstrosity that the neoconservatives in America are pushing. It’s being discussed in Canada’s media, I’ve seen some articles on the Internet about it. In the articles I’ve read it’s referred to in Canada as “deep integration” by American and Canadian governmental and industrial organizations.

What it means is this:

The neoconservatives in America’s governmental/industrial/military complex want access to Canada’s natural resources, and the ability to influence Canada’s economy through tax codes, rules, regulations, and legislation. These machinations are designed to funnel enormous sums of capital into the hands of the few, the plutocracy, a modern-day aristocracy, a return to the type of rule that America fought a revolution over in the late 18th century. However, this time around, the rulers have gained power through stealth over a few decades without causing revolt by the people. This empowerment has been insidious.

Canada is one of the few civilized countries left in the world and her citizens have managed to remain separated from America’s power mongers. I implore anyone reading this thread to learn as much as possible about this upcoming travesty and to engage as many of your fellow citizens in discussion as possible.

When searching for articles, I recommend search words such as “north american future 2025 project,” “deep integration,” “nafta superhighway,” “the plan to disappear canada.”

Here are the six (6) categories, for which planning has begun, for the North American Future 2025 Project:

Future of North American Labor Mobility
Future of North American Energy
Future of the North American Environment
Future of North American Security
Future of North American Competitiveness
Future of North American Border Infrastructure and Logistics

To some people, the titles for these categories don’t conjure images of disaster. Please scrutinize them all closely. In my humble opinion, nothing—and I do mean NOTHING—in these plans are designed for the overall benefit of Canada’s citizenry. These plans are intended to accomplish what is happening in America right now: A conversion into a new (neo) national order in which those who own America will rule America.

This can happen to you, too.

Wow! The plan to disappear Canada? I laughed out loud when I read that...you made my day.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:16 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaboop View Post
Wow! The plan to disappear Canada? I laughed out loud when I read that...you made my day.

I’m not sure what to make of your comment. I mean, I suppose I should be glad that you’re so happy. However, it’s very difficult to imagine anyone having read the article below being anything other than shocked, disgusted, and appalled at the attack on democratic processes in both Canada and the US.

The Plan to Disappear Canada

'Deep integration' comes out of the shadows.

By Murray Dobbin, Vancouver

If the machinations going on in this country regarding so-called "deep integration" were instead a communist conspiracy to take over the country (you will, of course, have to try hard to imagine this) the news media would be blaring the story.

Pundits would pontificate, editorialists would erupt, security forces would be unleashed.

Instead, a virtual conspiracy to make the country disappear through assimilation into the U.S. gets barely a mention.

But news of the scheme -- formally called the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) -- is finally breaking out of the secret chambers of the ruling elite and the federal government. This is both good news and bad. It's good that ordinary citizens are finally getting a glimpse of the betrayal of their country. The news is bad because it reflects just how much of this scheme is already being implemented.

(snip)

The August Review - The Plan to Disappear Canada (http://www.augustreview.com/news_commentary/north_american_union/the_plan_to_disappear_canada_2007060866/ - broken link)

Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM

29 posts, read 180,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
I’m not sure what to make of your comment. I mean, I suppose I should be glad that you’re so happy. However, it’s very difficult to imagine anyone having read the article below being anything other than shocked, disgusted, and appalled at the attack on democratic processes in both Canada and the US.

The Plan to Disappear Canada

'Deep integration' comes out of the shadows.

By Murray Dobbin, Vancouver

If the machinations going on in this country regarding so-called "deep integration" were instead a communist conspiracy to take over the country (you will, of course, have to try hard to imagine this) the news media would be blaring the story.

Pundits would pontificate, editorialists would erupt, security forces would be unleashed.

Instead, a virtual conspiracy to make the country disappear through assimilation into the U.S. gets barely a mention.

But news of the scheme -- formally called the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) -- is finally breaking out of the secret chambers of the ruling elite and the federal government. This is both good news and bad. It's good that ordinary citizens are finally getting a glimpse of the betrayal of their country. The news is bad because it reflects just how much of this scheme is already being implemented.

(snip)

The August Review - The Plan to Disappear Canada (http://www.augustreview.com/news_commentary/north_american_union/the_plan_to_disappear_canada_2007060866/ - broken link)
Naw! I always laugh when the words consipracy are mentioned....I enjoy reading people's view and opinions...some make me laugh...

I married a Canadian...I am American of course ( I live in your neck of the woods...Cookeville). When I read the article and I thought of how all the Canadians I knew there in Ontario( I lived there for almost a year) and how they were for the most part completely unaware of the "plan to disappear Canada". I am glad because that could have caused some stress!

There is way too much stress in this world as it is....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada