Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 09:24 AM

384 posts, read 1,710,202 times

Advertisements

a couple of pictures of my trip to Canada
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures-100_0291.jpg   Pictures-100_0271.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 04:14 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,540,175 times
That first pic reminds me a lot of Melbourne Australia

Old 08-20-2007, 01:22 AM

8 posts, read 14,579 times
Nice pics, what cities are they?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM

4,282 posts, read 15,752,372 times
Off hand, I'd say those pics are taken on the Gardener Expressway on the west side of downtown Toronto.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:19 PM

You sure know your city don't you Cornerguy, Yes those pictures were taken in Toronto, Ontario I have lots more, including some of the parade, but they take too long to download.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:28 PM

34 posts, read 160,475 times
maybe you are into that type of vacation, concrete glass & metal, too bad because canada has such beautiful parks, waterfalls etc.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slarca View Post
maybe you are into that type of vacation, concrete glass & metal, too bad because canada has such beautiful parks, waterfalls etc.

Don't you believe in thinking of the possibilities or circumstances that may NOT have allowed visits to parks and waterfalls. There is no denying Canada is a beautiful country but like ANY other country, there are beautiful parks and landscapes to see. I took pictures of what I was able to see on my short trip there. Concrete, glass, parks or even waterfalls, the sites were still beautiful. There is beauty in concrete and glass as well.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 PM

64 posts, read 204,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
Don't you believe in thinking of the possibilities or circumstances that may NOT have allowed visits to parks and waterfalls. There is no denying Canada is a beautiful country but like ANY other country, there are beautiful parks and landscapes to see. I took pictures of what I was able to see on my short trip there. Concrete, glass, parks or even waterfalls, the sites were still beautiful. There is beauty in concrete and glass as well.

That picture is right before you get off the Gardiner at Spadina where no less than fifteen homeless run up to your vehicle with a Tim Horton's cup in their hand begging you for money.

Beautiful? NOT

Old 08-24-2007, 12:26 PM

Funny I wasn't approached by any homeless people on my trip to Canada and downtown Toronto. What difference does it make, there are homeless people every where and believe it or not, you or I can be homeless and begging tomorrow. You have to open your mind and see the beauty in everything...even if it appears ugly to you. By the way, I was driving when that picture was taken I thought it was a lovely view so I snapped away.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:16 PM

64 posts, read 204,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
Funny I wasn't approached by any homeless people on my trip to Canada and downtown Toronto. What difference does it make, there are homeless people every where and believe it or not, you or I can be homeless and begging tomorrow. You have to open your mind and see the beauty in everything...even if it appears ugly to you. By the way, I was driving when that picture was taken I thought it was a lovely view so I snapped away.
Fair enough.

Nothing against the homeless. Just the fact that they are there.

Did you get out of your car in downtown Toronto at all?

I find it incredibly hard to believe you were not approached by a homeless person.

Even if you did not get out of your car.

With my mind wide open I can't see the beauty in being homeless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada