Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 AM

108 posts, read 247,082 times

Advertisements

I may be a bit late on this, but I just read about Fox News being banned in Canada. Then I read another article that stated it wasn't true.

Can someone please set the record straight? I have plenty of good reasons for wanting to move to Canada, but if this is true...I'm packing my bags TODAY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,007,509 times
If you are referring to the rightwing Fox channel that has all the political talking heads we dont get that channel in Quebec, curiously we do get all the leftwing talking heads on MSNBC

Old 11-08-2011, 06:59 AM

352 posts, read 998,080 times
Sun News Network is Canada's so-called equivalent to the Fox Network. So the media pundits say.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:02 AM

Yeah i've watched it a bit but its a total lightweight when compared to the American Fox channel.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:13 AM

484 posts, read 1,279,653 times
Fox is not banned in Canada. My Cable company offers it. It's not a part of the regular cable package, however, it comes in a "news theme" pack that you have to pay extra for. MSNBC is also a part of this package.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 AM

475 posts, read 810,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD78 View Post
I may be a bit late on this, but I just read about Fox News being banned in Canada. Then I read another article that stated it wasn't true.

Can someone please set the record straight? I have plenty of good reasons for wanting to move to Canada, but if this is true...I'm packing my bags TODAY!
Don't bother packing,,,if we could only ban the tax payer funded lefty liberal CBC network Canada would have a level playing field as far as news media is concerned.

Lefties in Canada figure the nation should support their network because they can't do it themselves...hey now doesn't that sound familiar?

Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 AM

Fox News Channel is currently offered by Access Communications, Bell TV, Cogeco, Eastlink, Manitoba Telecom Services, Rogers, SaskTel, Shaw Cable, Shaw Direct and Telus TV. A notable exception is Vidéotron, Canada's third largest cable company, which has not added Fox News Channel to its lineup.

I've got Videotron as a provider which explains my lack of Fox news. for the other providers i guess if you want to subscibe to that channel you have that option..

And for those malcontents that find fault with any of the offered channels you can always change the channel or in an emergency actually turn the tv off.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:04 AM

475 posts, read 810,095 times
Do what I do..don't subscribe to any TV service.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,365,242 times
Well; if you're running to escaqpe Fox or "Faux" as a lot of the folks spell it, don't bother as it's world-wide in some form or another. It's still available up here as shown in a posting above.

I subscribe to them all and watch them all. I love to glean the different veiwpoints of a particular item so as to aid in my reaching an "opinion" of what to expect from all fronts by various political entities.

If you watch a variety of them; it's almost freaky how accurate you can become at predicting the particular bent a political party will put on any "newsworthy" item. It's almost as if the various news rooms have a direct line from a particular party's headquarters. Is that possible? Haaar!

Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 AM

26,766 posts, read 37,679,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Fox News Channel is currently offered by Access Communications, Bell TV, Cogeco, Eastlink, Manitoba Telecom Services, Rogers, SaskTel, Shaw Cable, Shaw Direct and Telus TV. A notable exception is Vidéotron, Canada's third largest cable company, which has not added Fox News Channel to its lineup.

I've got Videotron as a provider which explains my lack of Fox news. for the other providers i guess if you want to subscibe to that channel you have that option..

And for those malcontents that find fault with any of the offered channels you can always change the channel or in an emergency actually turn the tv off.
Sun News Network is actually owned by Québécor, Vidéotron's parent company. So maybe they keep Fox News off of Vidéotron so it doesn't compete for right-wing viewers with their own network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada