Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 03:04 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times

Advertisements

hi,
Would a Canadian citizen (Wife is a US citizen) have any medical rights/privileges in Canada when it comes to IVF?

How much (including drugs) would you be looking at if you were to go to Canada for the IVF?
How much if the husband is a Canadian citizen? (does it even matter?)

thank you in advance for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 05:34 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,859,468 times
I am guessing you are referring to in vitro fertilization.

Many other readers will likely be confused by the acronym IVF without any attempt to describe what it stands for. In general, you should avoid using acronyms unless you are absolutely certain your audience will understand them. Common acronyms like PC, IRS, and SUV are usually a safe bet. Less common acronyms should be spelled out.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:30 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Medical care in Canada is not dependent on whether someone is a Canadian citizen but whether one is a resident of Canada.

Medical care is under provincial jurisdiction - I am in Manitoba, and underwent fertility treatment years ago - it was not covered then but it will be covered in Manitoba in the near future, although I am not sure exactly what aspects of fertility treatment will be covered.

Your best bet is to focus on a province - I have heard that Quebec covers fertility treatments, although I am not sure to what extent (Ontario may also) - and then contact a fertility clinic to ask about the costs involved.

If you are living in the US, it may be cheaper to have it done in Canada but a fertility clinic would be able to advise you on that.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:20 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
You and your wife's citizenship doesn't really make any difference. If you and your wife are not permanent residents of Canada then you wouldn't qualify for Canadian medical insurance benefits so if you got the procedures done in Canada you would need to be paying for it yourself out of your own pocket.

However, it may still be worth your while to shop around with fertility clinics in Canada as it's my understanding it costs quite a bit less in Canada than in the US (if that's where you are). You could also consider shopping for IVF treatments in other countries. I looked at one site that has information about the costs of IVF treatments in Canada, United Kingdom, India and Australia - here is that site:
IVF -Outside the United States | BabyMed.com

Old 06-01-2018, 05:13 AM

1 posts, read 733 times
Like all other women I experienced the full range of feelings after the birth of my daughter. But in my case, the situation was a bit different. I’m infertile, thus my daughter was born with help of IVF procedure. But I overcame a lot of difficulties on my way to pregnancy. First, it was a long period of treatment in Canada, which appears to be senseless. And it’s rather expensive. Then my husband sold his granny’s jewelry. It was a bit more then 17 000 euros. With this money, the only adequate variant was Ukraine. I overlooked such variants like India or Cambodia. But I have decided on Kiev. The clinic I chose offered all-inclusive service for a very reasonable price. Moreover they use only fresh ootids. It was my last chance, and it appeared to be successful. From the second attempt in Biotexcom center I got pregnant. I can`t even express how difficult my way to the pregnancy was. And finally, when I gave birth to my child I relaxed and feel myself so happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada