Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 PM

315 posts, read 1,624,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesia View Post
Now for the confusing part. Why wouldn't someone just apply for a Temporary Work Permit (which takes a few days), get in and start working while awaiting the Permanent Residence Card?
A temporary work permit can take as little as 20 minutes once the required LMO is approved. However, a fast response to a LMO application takes several weeks and requires an employer to do all the work. If a Canadian company wants to hire you, a LMO can be had in as little as 4 weeks but most, according to my immigration attorney, take 8 - 12 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,879 times
I am just confused about showing experience. We just need to write in the form or as well as we need a company letter of experience.appreciated in advanced

Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,473 times
please any one know how long it takes to get response after mailing in the completed PR application to the visa office in Buffalo????
thanks

Old 07-26-2010, 04:14 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joea65uk View Post
please any one know how long it takes to get response after mailing in the completed PR application to the visa office in Buffalo????
thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../menu-perm.asp

Old 07-28-2010, 10:10 PM

355 posts, read 2,369,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsmsm View Post
- Police clearance from my home country ... can I get it from my country's consulate here in US itself?
- sending all docs + passport to canadian consulate in buffalo ? for more than a year while processing takes place ? that will keep me stuck in US with no passport for that long !
- any other posts / sites / blogs with time-line or tips or faqs on doing the canadian PR by yourself
- The process to obtain a criminal background check changes from country to country. Sometimes it will be issued by the police (i.e., police clearance), sometimes by a different government agency like the Ministry of the Interior, and sometimes a given country may not issue such records. The CIC website has specific instructions per each country.

- You do not need to send the passport initially, just a photocopy of it. The original passport will only be requested at the end of the process, if your PR is granted, to stamp the visa on the passport.

- A website I visit often regarding visas (for Canada or the US) is TrackIt (Immigration Trackers for USA Canada UK Australia). Applicants enter the dates for their cases, so that you can follow the different timelines and compare between visa offices. There are also forums where applicants exchange all kinds of information.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 PM

355 posts, read 2,369,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joea65uk View Post
thanks
I would suggest checking the different timelines posted on the TrackIt website (http://www.trackitt.com). Data are current and they pertain to cases being processed right now.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,423 times
Hi guys - can you help pls?

I am a uk resident with a potential permanet job offer with an established Canadian employer.

My question is how quickly could I commence employment with the safety net of permanent residency?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada