Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2023, 02:40 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,571,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ha, I had no idea. Just thought he was a paid shill for that company. Well, he is exactly that, lol, but I guess a celebrity shill!

I find him incredibly annoying, and I have to hear him several times a day.

First world problem, eh.
He's pretty famous in Canada, as has been pointed out.

To me, though, that doesn't give him a pass

He is annoying, but what is worse to me, is pushing reverse mortgages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2023, 05:35 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
He's pretty famous in Canada, as has been pointed out.

To me, though, that doesn't give him a pass

He is annoying, but what is worse to me, is pushing reverse mortgages.
I was going to say that, too, but I was trying not to be controversial.

Yeah, the whole pitch is annoying, and his obvious insincerity just adds insult to injury, maybe especially because he is a famous Canadian athlete. Like, "you can trust ME".

Then it goes on to say he sticks up for it because all YOUR memories are tied up in YOUR home. They are not offering reverse mortgages because it's good for YOU. It's good for THEM. The whole thing is just so transparently sleazy.

I expect to see that in the USA, not here!

Old 01-21-2023, 05:48 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,571,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I was going to say that, too, but I was trying not to be controversial.

Yeah, the whole pitch is annoying, and his obvious insincerity just adds insult to injury, maybe especially because he is a famous Canadian athlete. Like, "you can trust ME".

Then it goes on to say he sticks up for it because all YOUR memories are tied up in YOUR home. They are not offering reverse mortgages because it's good for YOU. It's good for THEM. The whole thing is just so transparently sleazy.

I expect to see that in the USA, not here!
Sleazy pitches are universal. To use people emotional ties to their home for profit, is disturbing to me.

I wonder what type of safeguards are in place for reverse mortgages. By that, I mean having the people taking them fully understanding them and what OTHER options there are.

It also takes away from any family members that may have inherited something, only to find out, their parents don't own the home anymore.

Old 02-22-2023, 04:46 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,535,357 times
Canadian breakdancing:

https://mstdn.social/@MeanwhileinCan...10458209750037

Old 02-22-2023, 05:25 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,893,034 times
Cute lol..

That's about the size of it right now at time of writing for me. Getting blasted by freezing rain.

Old 02-22-2023, 06:00 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Haha, that made me laugh.

Old 02-22-2023, 07:57 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,057,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Bwahahaha. What a clever guy, I think he is clowning around.

I couldn't resist, I had to post that in P&OC in the thread where some people are complaining again about the president stumbling going up some stairs. They can only wish that all of their old presidents could do what that Canadian break dancer is doing. LOL

Old 03-04-2023, 07:38 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,535,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble77 View Post
As an American I'm at a loss to understand what Canadians see in that woke, totalitarian lowlife scumbag Trudeau.
https://eand.co/welcome-to-the-gops-...a-2ee888b3fee1

https://boingboing.net/2023/03/03/so...ting-them.html

https://www.propublica.org/article/a...rimination-ban

Enough said.

Old 03-04-2023, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble77 View Post
As an American I'm at a loss to understand what Canadians see in that woke, totalitarian lowlife scumbag Trudeau.
Well I would agree Trudeau has his fault's but throwing the term woke around constantly is starting to become a bit nonsensical and overused. It is silly to account everything the man does to being woke. As for Trudeau being Totalitarian - and I guess people are throwing this around more and more because of Covid policies in Canada, along with the whole Convoy protest - well if he were really Totalitarian than he would still be trying to use the Emergencies act at the drop of a dime (he is not), and he would still be trying to limit mobility rights for Canadians when unwarranted - problem with the logic is he isn't. All those temporary measures were lifted as the pandemic became more manageable and less threatening.

Like seriously, you don't think Trump had more Authoritarian tendencies than Trudeau?

Old 03-04-2023, 07:47 PM

This is the thing - is it because things are becoming too 'woke' or is it this a concerted effort by the far right to simply demonize the left and even the centre in order claw back social progress. I mean some of these people would be right at home... In the 1700's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada