Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 03:23 AM

153 posts, read 220,310 times

Advertisements

Hello I am a college student in the united states. My major is Aerospace Engineering. It has been a dream of mine to move to Canada. I started college late and will not finish until I am approximately 35. I was curious as to what I could expect in trying to immigrate to Canada. Are there companies that hire and vouch for temporary citizenship straight out of college; or will I need to get work experience first? Also I am curious as to where the highest density of Aerospace jobs are; I would prefer to move to the Vancouver or Toronto area; however Ottawa seems very nice as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 05:00 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,524,598 times
The aerospace mecca of Canada is in Montreal, centred around Trudeau airport and the adjacent industrial park. Check out this website, it should give you some good information.

Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Old 07-24-2012, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 977 times
Default Jobs in Canada for Arranged Employment / Skilled Work Visa

Hello,

A good friend of mine from London works in engineering and recently got a Skilled Worker Visa. He had to get an 'Arranged Employment' job offer from an employer which he did pretty easily, and said it helped fast track his visa application and get it pushed through.

I'm also looking to move to Canada, hopefully to Toronto where I went for a holiday and fell in love with the place. From what I have seen and read there's a big demand for Engineers but I'm a Doctor (GP) and can't seem to find any info about if my type of job is also in good demand ?

Any help would be really appreciated, and any ways or resources to help get an employment offer to file with my visa application

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada