Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 01:00 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,215,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
The Northeast probaly has the best quality of life in the world but we have places like Alabama and Mississippi to brink us down in the quality of life rankings.
No offense to Mississippi and Alabama, still proud to be in the same country as them.
New England has hardly any poverty, best universities in the world, a lo of big companies there, great transportation, but thanks to southern states we are letting Australians and Canadians talk crap about us.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:21 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Please don't tell me your basing this off of what mitt Romney said, mitt Romney is a millionaire who thinks anyone that doesn't have a range rover is living off the government, and I doubt half of Americans are in poverty.
So you are saying Romney was lying?, i never doubted it for a moment ,, what about what the link has to say?

Old 08-18-2013, 02:12 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,215,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So you are saying Romney was lying?, i never doubted it for a moment ,, what about what the link has to say?
You have no idea what your talking about, you think you know everything about America...I almost laughed when you were assuming I was wrong cause I said mitt was lying. Politicians lie in America silly. I already said something about the link...

Old 08-18-2013, 02:24 PM

You come on this Canadian forum pompously giving us a lame link to America having a better quality of life than Canada/Australia, i give you a link and words from a presidential candidate stating otherwise and now you are getting all belligerent and defensive.
Please proceed.

Last edited by jambo101; 08-18-2013 at 02:47 PM..

Old 08-18-2013, 02:53 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,123,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Yes, you know everything, don't you?

Please educate yourself on reality.

The Innocence Project - Home
Torture: The Use of Solitary Confinement in U.S. Prisons | Center for Constitutional Rights

I'd rather live in a country where even if I were falsely accused, or, heaven forbid, did commit an actual crime, I would be given a fair term of imprisonment (not excessive like in the U.S.) and held in conditions at least somewhat conducive to rehabilitation.
Sure, there are false accusations and false convictions, but that's an unintended side effect of having any legal system.

Being locked up is not something most people outside certain groups have to worry about. Certainly most Canadians who come here do not have to.

Going back to the original question, some reasons might be:

1) Excellence in career - The best and most driven of the bunch who wish to make a lot of money and pay less in taxes come to the U.S.

2) Warm climates - Something you don't have in Canada. Think Florida, Texas, California, Hawaii, etc.

3) Love - Living in a border area, I know many who have moved here because of trans-national romances. This might be getting more rare as border restrictions increase.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:47 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post

Going back to the original question, some reasons might be:

1) .......... to make a lot of money and pay less in taxes ........

2) Warm climates - Something you don't have in Canada. Think Florida, Texas, California, Hawaii, etc.

3) Love - Living in a border area, I know many who have moved here because of trans-national romances. This might be getting more rare as border restrictions increase.
You nailed it. Bigger bucks, comfort and lovin' - I think that about sums it up in a nutshell.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:08 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm not calling you a RWNJ i'm just pointing out that IMO FOX is more an entertainment channel that caters mostly to what the rightwing wants to hear, i find it to be an unreliable source of information as they have a propensity to lie,embellish and fabricate information to the point where their news has to be accompanied by the quantifier "we report,You decide"
Some day maybe you will understand that the other media outlets do the exact same thing you accuse Fox of doing.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:39 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,410,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Some day maybe you will understand that the other media outlets do the exact same thing you accuse Fox of doing.
Which ones? Be more specific. CTV? CBC? Global? Globe and Mail? National Post? Toronto Star? Regina Leader-Post?

(I'm willing to bet that mysticaltyger has never read or seen Canadian media.)

Last edited by ChevySpoons; 09-22-2013 at 02:48 AM..

Old 09-22-2013, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
If you are under the delusion that all media sources are like FOX you may as well do yourself a favor and unplug..FOX is the journalistic equivalent of Professional wrestling and in no way can be relied upon for factual reporting, thus their motto of "We report you decide" and one of their many major gafs "Romney in a landslide"
Heres some related reading on the issue.
The Science of Fox News: Why Its Viewers are the Most Misinformed | Alternet
Canadians move to the USA for many reasons A wider range of job potential, Warmer weather in the south.Some just dont like Canada and think their lives will be more fulfilling in the USA.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:19 AM

211 posts, read 519,371 times
It is usually just the professionals who migrate to the US for more solid opporitunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada