Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 PM

8 posts, read 11,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I you are in the Country and do not have a some ike a Valid Temp Workers Visa and you a Not a PR and not even applied and filled out the papaer work for PR Outside the Country and been apporved you would be here Illegally and you would be Deported and not allowed to enter Canada Again or the United States and other countires as the CIC,CBSA and RCMP are cracking down and we are in the hardest crackdown of illegal immigration in Canadian history right now.

SO I suggest you phone or go to the local GIC office in Vancouver and let them know and either way you are going to be in trouble because you broke the law and did not follow the proper legal, Fair way to immigrate to Canada.

In other words you blew any chance of ever allowed to gert a wokers visa or even pply for PR staus in you will not be able to enter Canada, the U.S. the U.K. or Australia the rest of your life because you will be barred from entry with a lifetime Ban if charged and deported.

CIC is working with its partners to crack down on immigration fraud.

CanadaInternationalSo far IMO no offense i am just giving you the facts and it seems You did not follow the proper way to get Cittizenship or go about getting a Temp Workers Visa and I would go to a local GIC office and let them know of your situation since you have limited options as there is no way to flee without flying out of Canada since we border one other country and

So if you are illegally here and wanted for immigration fraud the U.S would also have an Arrest Warrent issued to detain you on the on spot and add more more charges since you tried to enter the U.S. while wanted in Canada for immigration fraud and would face crimnal charges and possible jailtime served back to back in both countries before being deported.

About Being a Permanent Resident of Canada

A permanent resident is someone who has acquired permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada, but is not yet a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents have rights and privileges in Canada even though they remain citizens of their home country. In order to maintain permanent resident status, they must fulfill specified residency obligations.
A person in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or a temporary foreign worker, is not a permanent resident.

Refugees who are resettled from overseas arrive in Canada as permanent residents through the Government-Assisted Refugee Program or the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program. However, people who make refugee claims in Canada (either at a port of entry or a CIC office) are not permanent residents.

What permanent residents can do

As a permanent resident, you and your dependants have the right:
  • To receive most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage.
  • To live, work or study anywhere in Canada.
  • To apply for Canadian citizenship.
  • To protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
You must pay taxes, and respect all Canadian laws at the federal, provincial and municipal levels.
What permanent residents cannot do

As a permanent resident, you and your dependants cannot:
  • Vote or run for political office.
  • Hold certain jobs that have a high-level security clearance requirement.
  • Remain in Canada if you are convicted of a serious criminal offence and have been told to leave the country.
Keeping your permanent resident status

Your permanent resident status allows you to live in Canada, but there is also a time limit on how long you can live outside the country. To keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period.
For further information on residency obligations, please see Appendix A of Applying for a Permanent Resident Card.
Losing your permanent resident status

There are several ways you could lose your permanent resident status:
  • A permanent resident who does not meet their residency obligations could lose permanent resident status.
  • If convicted of a serious crime, a permanent resident may be deported from Canada.
When you become a Canadian citizen, you are no longer a permanent resident.
The Permanent Resident Card

If you intend to travel, the Permanent Resident Card is the official proof of your status as a permanent resident in Canada.
This wallet-sized plastic card is required for all permanent residents of Canada seeking to re-enter Canada on a commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus).
If you leave the country, you will need this card to return to Canada. If you do not plan to leave the country, you do not need the card.

In order to become one, these people must receive a positive decision on their refugee claim from the Immigration and Refugee Board. Then, they must apply for and be granted permanent resident status

Source: About Being a Permanent Resident of Canada

Working temporarily in Canada: Eligibility to apply:
You almost always have to apply for a work permit from outside Canada. Sometimes, you can apply from inside or as you enter Canada. Many of the requirements are the same.
Eligibility to apply from outside Canada

To apply for a work permit from outside Canada, you must submit the following documents:
  • a job offer from a Canadian employer
  • a completed application, that shows that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and
  • written confirmation from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) that the employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job. This confirmation is called a positive labour market opinion.
    • In most cases, it is up to your employer to get that written confirmation. Information on the labour market opinion is found under Information for Canadian employers on the right-hand side of this page.
    • In some cases, you do not need a labour market opinion. (See Jobs that require a work permit but no labour market opinion.)
You must also do the following:
  • Satisfy a visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your work permit.
  • Show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family while you are in Canada.
  • Respect the law and have no criminal record. (You may have to provide a police clearance certificate. See Police Certificates for more information.
  • Show that you are not a risk to the security of Canada.
  • Be in good health. (You may have to have a medical examination.)
Source: Working temporarily in Canada: Eligibility to apply

That should Awnser all you Questions and if you have more click the links as it takes you to the Govroment of Canadas Citizenship and Immigration website and that tells you everything you want to know and I would phone the local GIC office to notify them of the situation because it will make it easier and there will be more understanding if you notify them you may have made a mistake..

If try to stay and the GIC finds out you are in the Country the the RCMP will be issued an aresst warrent to take you in on the spot and hand it over to the GIC and the CBSA as to what will happen since immigration fraud is taken in as very serious offence in Canada.
oh my i think we have a mis-understanding sir! im NOT in canada right now, but i have lived there with a diplomatic passport that does not have any problems with the visa sections, because it is a diplomatic passport. right NOW, i am NOT in canada as now i have a normal passport and in a few months ill be completing my bachelors degree IN INDIA. so i was just asking the procedure to WORK there and how i can apply for all that. its totally ok haha, misunderstandings always happen. no worries but i hope i have made myself clear on what i meant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 12:32 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshJerk View Post
oh my i think we have a mis-understanding sir! im NOT in canada right now, but i have lived there with a diplomatic passport that does not have any problems with the visa sections, because it is a diplomatic passport. right NOW, i am NOT in canada as now i have a normal passport and in a few months ill be completing my bachelors degree IN INDIA. so i was just asking the procedure to WORK there and how i can apply for all that. its totally ok haha, misunderstandings always happen. no worries but i hope i have made myself clear on what i meant
Ahh in that case no problem Good luck I think India and Canada should be working alot Closer together and increase trade and doing more joint projects and speed up apporval of Temp Work Visas and less time and less Redundant paper work and Reduced waiting times to Gain PR in Canada between India.

Canada is a very popular destination for Indian immigrants. An increasing number of Indians are immigrating to Canada to attend university and work in skilled professions.

Many emigrate to Canada under permanent immigration programs. Others who do not qualify for skilled immigration right away may qualify for a permanent visa at a later date.

In 2010 Indians were among the highest numbers of immigrants who moved to Canada under the following categories: skilled workers, Canadian experience class, entrepreneurs, self-employed, investors and provincial nominees. In total, 30,252 Indians gained permanent resident status in Canada in 2010, an increase of more than 4,000 compared to 2009. In terms of source country for immigrants, India was second only to the Philippines.

"For skilled Indian professionals, the economic categories are very attractive. Many Indians have done very well in this country as entrepreneurs, executives, academicians and in public life," says Deepak Obhrai, the Indo-Canadian MP from Calgary, Alberta.

Indians have chosen to move to popular cities like Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary.

"Calgary now has over a 1,00,000 Indians. Various provinces have their own nominee programmes to attract skilled immigrants to fill in local shortages," added Obhrai.

In addition to skilled workers, another popular Canadian immigration route for Indians is the student category.

Recent initiatives from Canadian immigration like the post-graduation work permit programme and Canadian Experience Class have become attractive options for Indian students. In 2011, it is estimated around 13,000 Indian students studied in Canada.
source: More Indians immigrating to Canada as skilled workers and students

Anyways hope it works out well for you and you will find the awnsers and everything you need to knowon how to Obatain a work visa on the Govronment of Canada Citizenship and Immigtration site here the link and it willl be able to awnser all your Questions and be able to explain exactly how you go about obtaining a work visa Skilled Workers and Professionals: How to apply

Old 07-23-2012, 12:44 AM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,425 times
Quote:
No problem. I just have to get used to the idea of crossing paths with diplomats/ex-diplomats on CD once in a while.
WRT your question on "procedure to work in Canada" under "skilled foreign workers" category, this program has been put on hold for 6 months till January next year.

Quote:
Effective July 1st, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will place a temporary pause on new applications to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and federal Immigrant Investor Program (IIP).

Application intake is expected to resume in January 2013, when the proposed FSWP regulatory changes – which will be published in the Canada Gazette in the coming months – are expected to come into force.
News Release; Minister Kenney Hits the Reset Button: Sets the Foundation for New, Faster, More Flexible Immigration System
However you can still proceed, if an employer is willing to hire and sponsor you under "Temporary Work Permit". Some temporary workers do not require a work permit. You can find the info here

Hope others can fill you in with more.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtolover View Post
in addition to skilled workers, another popular canadian immigration route for indians is the student category.

Recent initiatives from canadian immigration like the post-graduation work permit programme and canadian experience class have become attractive options for indian students. In 2011, it is estimated around 13,000 indian students studied in canada.
Source: more indians immigrating to canada as skilled workers and students
+1

Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 PM

Thank you everyone for your supportive and helpful responses! wish everyone would be like you :/ anyways i have two more questions! i'm sorry if they are really stupid ones but i do need clarification on them!

here goes;

1. if i want to work in Canada, do i need to apply for the work permit first or the PR? or is the PR first and then Work permit? i don't understand how it all works...lol. when should i apply for work permit, when should i apply for PR?

2. will my Indian degree be worth anything in Canada? i mean its a pretty good university that originates in India but is wide spread and has branches in the UK and USA as well as a few other places. so will it hold ANY value at all?

Sorry for the inconvenience guys!

and thank you for the replies... in advance

Old 07-31-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
1. if i want to work in Canada, do i need to apply for the work permit first or the PR? or is the PR first and then Work permit? i don't understand how it all works...lol. when should i apply for work permit, when should i apply for PR?
You didn't bother to read the website of CIC.
Temporary Work Permit with a job offer in place, and after the qualifying period you can apply for PR under the PNP (provincial).

Your Q2. You failed for not doing your homework.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie86 View Post
You didn't bother to read the website of CIC.
Temporary Work Permit with a job offer in place, and after the qualifying period you can apply for PR under the PNP (provincial).

Your Q2. You failed for not doing your homework.
Well sir I have actually read parts of it no jokes man! But the website itself is so huge that I haven't managed to read the whole thing yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada