Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 04:13 AM

447 posts, read 495,984 times

Advertisements

Regarding Middle East conflict? As an American who normally has quite favorite impression for Canada, I am surprised this time around your government even went far than American Administration which was disliked by many countries in world mainly for its crazy Israel firster policy. Canada tradition and image are rapidly changing in this decade....
By the way we all know Israel is almost most hated country in world. That is for a reason, If nothing else, from this UN GA alone, all civilized societies around world should have indisputable evidence right in front of their eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 05:34 AM

2,096 posts, read 4,775,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
Regarding Middle East conflict? As an American who normally has quite favorite impression for Canada, I am surprised this time around your government even went far than American Administration which was disliked by many countries in world mainly for its crazy Israel firster policy. Canada tradition and image are rapidly changing in this decade....
By the way we all know Israel is almost most hated country in world. That is for a reason, If nothing else, from this UN GA alone, all civilized societies around world should have indisputable evidence right in front of their eyes.
I feel like America secretly owns Canada now. It seems like they went from being the voice of reason and America's sane, compassionate younger sister to being America's little puppy dog. Canada is even more corporate dominated than the US is at this point.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
I feel like America secretly owns Canada now. It seems like they went from being the voice of reason and America's sane, compassionate younger sister to being America's little puppy dog. Canada is even more corporate dominated than the US is at this point.
It is no secrete that Ottawa's foreign policy is mostly dictated in Washington DC.
Remember two months ago Ottawa banned Huawei the second day Washington did? Canada can't wait to show loyalty to its master, which is extremely frustrating to me, particularly when economically Canada is trying to lessen its ridiculous dependence on the US.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Canada is trying to lessen its ridiculous dependence on the US.
Its illogical to think Canada will ever be totally independent to the colossus living next door.

As for =
Quote:
By the way we all know Israel is almost most hated country in world.
This Canadian must have missed the memo. got a link?

Rather obsessive of you Seagull84 to have just about every one of your 300+ posts dedicated to trashing Israel..Maybe its something we can talk about..

Old 12-01-2012, 08:20 AM

395 posts, read 859,438 times
Quote:
It is no secrete that Ottawa's foreign policy is mostly dictated in Washington DC.
Remember two months ago Ottawa banned Huawei the second day Washington did? Canada can't wait to show loyalty to its master, which is extremely frustrating to me, particularly when economically Canada is trying to lessen its ridiculous dependence on the US.
Your narrow minded assertion is kinda false. Harper is gearing us towards independance, but it's not an american agenda he's falling suite with it's a lobbist agenda.

We have the same lobby groups the us has, and gives them everything.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,809,001 times
Quote:

When PM King declared war on Germany one week after Great Britain did, wasn't that proof that Ottawa's foreign policy was "mostly dictated" in Great Britain? Wasn't that a sign of Canada showing "loyalty to its master"? Shouldn't Canada have tried to "lessen its ridiculous dependence" on GB?
Feh!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
When PM King declared war on Germany one week after Great Britain did, wasn't that proof that Ottawa's foreign policy was "mostly dictated" in Great Britain? Wasn't that a sign of Canada showing "loyalty to its master"? Shouldn't Canada have tried to "lessen its ridiculous dependence" on GB?
Feh!
that was war, my friend, a totally different matter.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:42 AM

I bet people in Australia, a nation thousands of miles from North America, complain about malevolent U.S. influence in their government.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
that was war, my friend, a totally different matter.

The point I was trying to make is that once Europeans settled in Canada, it was always influenced by another nation or empire.
Better build a fence to keep us out, then!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its illogical to think Canada will ever be totally independent to the colossus living next door.
Not completely, of course. But a diversified economy with less dependence on one country is necessary. The world is not just about the US any more. The US is declining in relative terms, and Canada may choose to decline with it, or choose an alternative approach.

When one day this forum is not overrun with constant mentioning of American cities, Canada becomes an independent, mature and dignified country on its own, rather than this small friend always standing by an adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada