Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 03:38 PM

654 posts, read 1,496,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Their economy is actually growing considerably better than ours is at the moment, actually. They fell a ways, but growth is currently robust.
Not really..155000 jobs last month mostly PT.. Canada 45000 jobs mostly full time.

If we used the same method to calculate our unemployment rate it would be closer to 6%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM

484 posts, read 1,286,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Can you provide a reputable cite to these assertions? No snark intended, but as a student of history, I'd like to know more about these. Online, or in print and available at a library; either is fine. (Note that as far as laws and official policy go, I'm also capable of researching in a law library--but I would ask that you provide complete and correct citations to statute and caselaw to make it easier for me.)

Thanks!

<title>Black History In Canada
<title>Black History In Canada
Black Cultural Centre for Nova Scotia | Our History &mdash; Slavery
Black History Canada - Timeline 1800-1900
http://stpaulscalgary.ca/Black%20Can...%20History.pdf

Black History Canada - End of Segregation in Canada
http://www.constancebackhouse.ca/fil...y_-_part_1.pdf

http://www.peoplescommission.org/fil...Racism.doc.pdf
Unit 4: Black Immigration to Canada and Black Contributions to the Building of the Canadian Nation
CBC Digital Archives - Africville: Expropriating Black Nova Scotians - Africville: Expropriating Black Nova Scotians

Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,411,405 times
Great, thank you! I'll look into these.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Canada has a Race Problem Too, So Let's End the Smugness & Solve it Together

OK op you brought up this topic about Canada's supposed problem with racism, as a concerned American who for some reason wants to solve Canadas racism problem maybe you can point out some of the more successful American efforts that we can use here in Canada to curb this racism.
First question i would ask is what constitutes racism in Canada and where is it? as i dont see anything more than a reported instance here or there once in a while here in Montreal..

This topic has nothing to do with improving Canadas supposed race problem but just the op gettin a good ol RWNJ hate on and placating the addiction to that condition by posting his very first few lines of the topic. =
Quote:
One of the most annoying things as an American is the smug holier than thou attitude that we frequently receive from our supposed Canadian friends in regards to race, guns, gov, etc. The other day, Canada lost to the US in a hockey tournament, and now some Canadians are using racial slurs to blame the black goaltender for the loss. When similar situations occur in the US, we never hear the end of it.
In Dahlek tone
;;;;Must hate Canada
Must hate Canadians.
Exterminate..

Last edited by jambo101; 01-08-2013 at 02:08 AM..

Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM

557 posts, read 673,030 times
Quote:
This topic has nothing to do with improving Canadas supposed race problem but just the op gettin a good ol RWNJ hate on and placating the addiction to that condition by posting his very first few lines of the topic. =
In Dahlek tone
;;;;Must hate Canada
Must hate Canadians.
Exterminate..
Is it wrong for me to use this racist incident and suggest that Canadians not criticize us about problems that also exist in their country? I'm simply saying lets stop the smug criticisms and be more constructive.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM

I got the impression you started this topic to address some perceived race problem Canada has because some guy at a hockey game called the black goal tender a racial epithet. so far you've basically gone on about your perceived notions that Canada has some kind of smug holier than thou attitudes toward Americans. Yeah we got that in your first post, now what about you now sharing with us some of your ideas as an American on some of the more successful American efforts that we can use here in Canada to curb this racism or some of your own ideas to combat the racial problems here in Canada.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:58 AM

Quote:
I got the impression you started this topic to address some perceived race problem Canada has because some guy at a hockey game called the black goal tender a racial epithet. so far you've basically gone on about your perceived notions that Canada has some kind of smug holier than thou attitudes toward Americans. Yeah we got that in your first post, now what about you now sharing with us some of your ideas as an American on some of the more successful American efforts that we can use here in Canada to curb this racism or some of your own ideas to combat the racial problems here in Canada.
Well?

I.m continuing to think my post 34 is right on the money.I suspect there;ll be no solving of racial problems together just steady drivel on your distorted view of Canada.From my Canadian perspective the rightwing element of America has turned into a pathetic demographic of whiners and complainers that seem to enjoy hating everything, to this point you are fitting that description perfectly..
Canada has a smug holier than thou attitude towards the USA? so far all we've heard is your smug holier than thou attitude toward Canada... Please proceed.

Last edited by jambo101; 01-09-2013 at 04:29 AM..

Old 01-09-2013, 07:43 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
my impression is that Canada is much less race-obsessed than the USA, and there is much less conflict directly related to racial tension.
Have you been paying attention to the Canadian news lately, Einstein?

Three words: "Idle No More". Look into it.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 AM

654 posts, read 1,496,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Have you been paying attention to the Canadian news lately, Einstein?

Three words: "Idle No More". Look into it.
Yes of course...if you are opposed to the "idle no more protests" YOU ARE A RACIST!

That is a big stinkin pile of turd. People are against the abuse of their money and non- accountability.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 PM

283 posts, read 327,760 times
Black person here. Lived in Pennsylvania and Florida back in the states. Today, I live in Ottawa and the race relations here are by far better then in America. There may be a stray incident here or there but overall people here don't care about the pigment of your skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada