Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 796 times

Advertisements

I was deported from the USA in 2008 for felony DUI I was in the united states for 32 years since I was 6 months old I have a background as a mortgage broker that was my first and only felony conviction I been here in mexico for 7 years I have not adapted well most of my degrees are useles here Im trying to get a second chance at life with employment opportunities in canada can you help me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 08:14 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto Cruz View Post
I was deported from the USA in 2008 for felony DUI I was in the united states for 32 years since I was 6 months old I have a background as a mortgage broker that was my first and only felony conviction I been here in mexico for 7 years I have not adapted well most of my degrees are useles here Im trying to get a second chance at life with employment opportunities in canada can you help me
If you were deported from USA back to Mexico for felony DUI that means you wouldn't be allowed to visit or work or live in Canada either. If I recall correctly, Canada is even more strict than America is about not allowing into the country visitors or prospective immigrants who have criminal records for felony offenses, that includes DUI.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 630 times
Been there, done that. Habitual Violator/DWI that was almost 30 years old with no charges since. Immigration lawyers will give you a go get em pep talk and KNOW you are wasting your time and money. Myths abound about even CROSSING the Canadian border, much less living there. You can have a spotless criminal record and be denied entry at the border for something as simple as not having enough money in your pocket. It is at the sole discretion of the officer on duty. Debating the issue will get you thrown in jail. Being a convicted felon and just attempting to enter Canada can get you arrested. The paperwork is complex and endless but in the end after all that time and money.......... DENIED ! Its up to you how many times they deny it. If you read this you can say many things but the one thing you CANT say is you were not warned beforehand you were wasting your time and money. Canada's priority, by far, is their own citizens. and should be. A lawyer friend tried to warn me I stood the proverbial snowballs chance in a hot place but I wouldnt listen. I know how you feel, but we are in the same boat regardless. LEGALLY, neither one of us will ever even VISIT Canada. When they say stay out or go to jail, I take their word for it.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 552 times
Thanks for taking the time to read this!

I had (4) Felony charges in Feb. of 2007 and was convicted of (3) misdemeanors in Phoenix, Arizona. (1) For DUI, (1) for Marijuana Possession of less than 1 gram, and (1) Drug Paraphernalia (water pipe). I was dealing with severe PTSD because I had worked in Special Forces (Army) and did (3) deployments in the earlier years of the Middle East and African exploits, 2001-2005 - I left the military in August of 2005. The convictions forced me to deal with everything that happened because I couldn't leave the country - I was heading back over as a Defense Contractor but this incident caused me to lose my security clearances and DOD contracts. I faced the music of all I did, I 100% disagree with EVERYTHING the US has done and IS doing with the CIA/DEA/FBI, etc. and their Special Operations Units snatching up world resources - I sincerely repented of all I did AFTER I found out what we were truly doing and I have greatly taken a 180 degree change in how I live my life.

I no longer drink, use any drugs, and have reformed to a life of prayer and solitude from the corporate world. I should also add that I had a number of injuries and Veteran Affairs labeled me as 100% totally and permanently disabled and gives me a monthly monetary award for compensation - I receive $3k+ a month. I don't need false compassion for the poor choices I made by serving in the military, expediting US Imperialism, and the corporate takeover's of third world countries BUT I say all this so the readers can understand a little of my history and my sincerity in having a change of heart.

I completed all sentencing requirements in May of 2009 - jail time, probation, fines, etc. From what I have gathered, it looks like my best option, with these three misdemeanor convictions, is to apply for Criminal Rehabilitation. I am going to Canada to visit a friend who is a Canadian citizen (he is not related to my government past life), he was once a Catholic Priest, but chose to leave the institution about a decade back. All (3) of my convictions happened on the same night, they were the same incident, and I have no other charges, convictions, or legal stuff pending.

Question #1 Would I have a problem getting a TRP at a land border crossing? If I was approved, could I get more than 3 days? I really don't want to wait the 9-12 months for the CR but don't want to get interrogated at the border then be denied.

Question #2 Is Criminal Rehabilitation the best route to go? I still have a couple years to reach the 10 year mark for my completion of sentencing requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada