Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,376,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
The Provence of Quebec is very different than Canada when comes to politics being very very very liberal , how they speak ,Accent, custom and social behavior. The cities look different too !!! You will feel you are in Europe.
Lol, except for the people who have actually been to Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 PM

131 posts, read 479,055 times
Putting aside Quebec, I think North American culture runs east to west, even though borders run north to south.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,034,505 times
May be the thread titled ( Do Canadians dress more casual than Americans) is not proper term because there are lost of ways people dress casual.

Many places in Florida it is t-shirt and shorts and in state of Kentucky it more country look other places it is more ghetto look sagging in baggy jeans very low , baggy long t-shirt and do-rag !!

May be the proper terms is it seems sweatpants ,trackpants and jogging pants seem more popular in Canada than the US.

Blue jeans and baseball cap is very rooted in American culture.May be sweatpants ,trackpants and jogging pants are more popular in the east coast of the US and Northwest coast of the US.I remember hurricane sandy there seem to be more people in sweatpants and at gas stations .

Most of the cities I looked at are LA , Phoenix and Miami.

I'm sure locals can clear this up more or people who visited many times or longer time would know more on the city.

May be there is culture how city people dress and people in the suburbs. Even places like Toronto sweatpants ,trackpants and jogging may be more in suburbs.

I know the UK has this Chav look the US and Canada does NOT have.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 AM

4,869 posts, read 10,466,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
I know the UK has this Chav look the US and Canada does NOT have.
With the exception of St. John's, where I understand something sort of similar to that exists, although they don't use the word Chav for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada