Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 05:13 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times

Advertisements

What are the best beaches and coastal locales in Canada? Discuss all points from the Red Sands of Prince Edward Island, the Great Lakes of Ontario, to the Pacific Shores of Vancouver Island. Discuss your favorite beach/coastal experiences in Canada. Post photos or videos if you'd like and tell us what makes them your favorite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 05:43 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,310 times
I really like some of the options in Ontario on the Lake Huron side of the Bruce Penninsula. For example, Salvo Beach is a long sandy (ok- pebbly) beach with a lot of cottages nearby and a little bit of beach culture with a few beach oriented restaraunts and shops (but not too many). I have been there in mid August and have found it to be nearly empty, clean, with clear water and mild waves. Great for anybody but especially if you have little kids. Speaking of which, a bit further north is Singing Sands, which is a bay on Lake Huron. Whats notable is that most of the bay is about 2 ft deep. The little ones can go out very far without you having to worry so much. The shallow water also warms up nicely in the sun! This is an undeveloped, but popular spot.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:00 PM

477 posts, read 803,022 times
Cavendish Beach, PEI ...very nice and clean.

Wasaga Beach, ON ...though some days it can get pretty crowded.

Sandbanks, ON ...on Lake Ontario near Picton.

Winnipeg Beach, MB .....less than 1 hr drive north from the city.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
I really like some of the options in Ontario on the Lake Huron side of the Bruce Penninsula. For example, Salvo Beach is a long sandy (ok- pebbly) beach with a lot of cottages nearby and a little bit of beach culture with a few beach oriented restaraunts and shops (but not too many). I have been there in mid August and have found it to be nearly empty, clean, with clear water and mild waves. Great for anybody but especially if you have little kids. Speaking of which, a bit further north is Singing Sands, which is a bay on Lake Huron. Whats notable is that most of the bay is about 2 ft deep. The little ones can go out very far without you having to worry so much. The shallow water also warms up nicely in the sun! This is an undeveloped, but popular spot.

Are talking about Sauble beach? Its not really too pebbly. I really like it cause you can drive your vehicle out onto it.

I like the beaches along Point Pelee, and Pelee Island as well.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
I've traveled all over North America, been to 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces (BC, ON, QB, NB, & NS). There are only a handful of places that have stirred my soul. The western shore of Vancouver Island in BC is one of them. Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park is just one of those magical places. Hard to put into words or photos, just has to be experienced.

Pacific Rim National Park Reserve - YouTube

Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 PM

677 posts, read 851,890 times
Those little rocky islands in Georgian Bay. At the mouth of Go Home Bay, years ago, we'd anchor by one, have a picnic, swim to our hearts' content. Water was clear, not another soul in sight. Amazing. No need for sandy beaches.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
I've traveled all over North America, been to 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces (BC, ON, QB, NB, & NS). There are only a handful of places that have stirred my soul. The western shore of Vancouver Island in BC is one of them. Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park is just one of those magical places. Hard to put into words or photos, just has to be experienced.

Pacific Rim National Park Reserve - YouTube

Indeed! That video doesn't even do it justice.

I'd also like to nominate Cape Breton Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C2rtnWzhAg

Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZI0KLdKhUA

Prince Edward Island
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvTdBI8RzfE

Then of course, there is the Rock. Newfoundland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxFSkBK8Vf4

Hell, you know what, just watch all of these!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roK5...BB7A8A2F97332B

Spec-freaking-tacular!!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 08:39 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,705 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvwsCgpdfU

Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Are talking about Sauble beach? Its not really too pebbly. I really like it cause you can drive your vehicle out onto it.

I like the beaches along Point Pelee, and Pelee Island as well.
Oh yeah! Sauble Beach!

Old 02-24-2013, 08:20 AM

395 posts, read 859,516 times
If your counting lakes newfoundland its too bad most people think only about the east coast when they think of newfoundland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada