U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
1,682 posts, read 3,056,666 times
Reputation: 1300

Advertisements

I've noticed a pretty big difference in fashion between Seattle and Vancouver when I traveled over there last month. It seems Vancouverites have more European flair to thier styles, compared to Seattle where the locals mainly dressed in grungier/plainer type of way and not as stylistic as Vancouverites. But Vancouver probally doesn't represent what Canadians dress like throughout the country.

Are Canadians more fashion concious than Americans on average?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
 
455 posts, read 1,052,762 times
Reputation: 438
I'd like to see a debate between you and the american poster we had a little while ago who was absolutely convinced "going out in sweatpants" was a typical canadian thing. i guess it's all perspective really?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
1,682 posts, read 3,056,666 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhundred View Post
I'd like to see a debate between you and the american poster we had a little while ago who was absolutely convinced "going out in sweatpants" was a typical canadian thing. i guess it's all perspective really?
When was this?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,870 posts, read 20,211,686 times
Reputation: 9235
Just the fact that we are talking about Americans, i predict this thread will get very popular.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-12-2013, 07:40 PM
 
455 posts, read 1,052,762 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
When was this?

//www.city-data.com/forum/canad...sual-than.html
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,442 posts, read 13,558,391 times
Reputation: 28374
So, you think Seattle is representative of the entire US? I suggest a trip to NYC, then cruise down to St Louis, then to Miami, and then over to LA. It'll "probally" change your mind.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-12-2013, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,856 posts, read 9,818,329 times
Reputation: 5416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
I've noticed a pretty big difference in fashion between Seattle and Vancouver when I traveled over there last month. It seems Vancouverites have more European flair to thier styles, compared to Seattle where the locals mainly dressed in grungier/plainer type of way and not as stylistic as Vancouverites. But Vancouver probally doesn't represent what Canadians dress like throughout the country.

Are Canadians more fashion concious than Americans on average?
I don't know if you can generalize Canada as a whole, but your comment is interesting since Vancouver is often stereotyped as a place where people aren't as fashion conscious as other cities.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-13-2013, 02:07 AM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,084 posts, read 13,597,200 times
Reputation: 9768
Montrealers are definitely more fashion conscious.
Sweatpants? Outside? Only if you're painting the garage.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-13-2013, 02:45 AM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,260 posts, read 15,318,237 times
Reputation: 13514
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Just the fact that we are talking about Americans, i predict this thread will get very popular.


LMAO!! Where's drknoble to provide us with some statistics?



Anyway, you guys just go ahead and google images "Canadian Tuxedo"


Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 PM
FBF
 
606 posts, read 849,089 times
Reputation: 542
No.

Except for Montreal.....they dress pretty much the same as the US.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top