Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 11:00 PM

32 posts, read 162,498 times

Advertisements

Of course i don't expect anybody else to just welcome a stranger or acquaintance into their social circle immediately but is it relatively easier to fit into social groups in these 2 cities than in Vancouver?

I'd personally find it so difficult to fit in here in Vancouver; people may be polite but they are really difficult to know on the next level and usually stick to their own comfort zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 07:09 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hystericblue View Post
Of course i don't expect anybody else to just welcome a stranger or acquaintance into their social circle immediately but is it relatively easier to fit into social groups in these 2 cities than in Vancouver?

I'd personally find it so difficult to fit in here in Vancouver; people may be polite but they are really difficult to know on the next level and usually stick to their own comfort zone.
Edmonton is probably the easiest one to integrate into.

In Montreal though there is an anglo scene in the city as well (which you would tap into more easily if you went to university like at McGill) obviously if you speak French or are seen as making an effort to speak French you will integrate socially a lot better.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:49 AM

360 posts, read 982,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Edmonton is probably the easiest one to integrate into.
Why is Edmonton then easier to integrate than Vancouver?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:24 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowjoe View Post
Why is Edmonton then easier to integrate than Vancouver?
I don't really have an opinion on Vancouver vs. Edmonton. The OP seems to have the experience that Vancouver is tough to break into. His or her view, not mine.

I was referring to Edmonton vs. Montreal.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 PM

Does anyone know the situation of Edmonton vs Vancouver?

Old 03-19-2013, 03:47 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,803,961 times
I bet Canada doesn't have a town with this name!

Social Circle, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-19-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I bet Canada doesn't have a town with this name!

Social Circle, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Don't stay off the topic.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 PM

408 posts, read 607,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hystericblue View Post

Sounds like you'd appreciate the warmth of my Quebecois brethren. Very up-front, less polite but much more personable, easier to get to know and, of course, just as loving as anywhere else.

imo Montrealers are all about the ''next level'' you speak of. We love getting past the BS. (i.e. what your job is, who you know, how conditioned you are to social norms)

We want to know your HOBBIES and share them with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada