Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 11:58 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,667 times

Advertisements

How on earth do you fly somewhere and not know where you're landing?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 04:22 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
Not everyone is an experienced traveller.

OP, as others have mentioned, Ontario is a province, which is like a state and Niagara Falls is a city in Ontario. There is no international airport there. Is Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, where you are planning on going? I think perhaps you misunderstood Toronto, Ontario to be two choices rather than referring to a city within the province of Ontario. So I would assume that you are landing in Toronto.

Is this your first trip outside the US and do you have someone meeting you?

Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

OP, as others have mentioned, Ontario is a province, which is like a state and Niagara Falls is a city in Ontario. There is no international airport there. Is Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, where you are planning on going? I think perhaps you misunderstood Toronto, Ontario to be two choices rather than referring to a city within the province of Ontario. So I would assume that you are landing in Toronto.

No not everyone is, but most would know the name of the place they are going even if they don't know where that is.However I would hope someone savvy enough to use a computer and find this and other forums, would also know how to use a map...Google Maps or otherwise.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Quote:

Good guess. That's probably where the misunderstanding is - the ticket says Toronto, Ontario and the OP doesn't realize it's city/province, not two separate places.

Still, I hope you know you're going when you get here - Toronto isn't exactly a cowtown.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:44 AM

304 posts, read 1,425,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
I'm asking this because I called Delta and two people gave me 2 different answers. On the Delta site you get to pick Ontario or Toronto.
After meeting all the a-holes here, are you sure you still want to come to Canada?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfanman View Post
After meeting all the a-holes here, are you sure you still want to come to Canada?
He's got a point. We are a mean-spirited people.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:37 AM

304 posts, read 1,425,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
He's got a point. We are a mean-spirited people.
Speak for yourself!

Old 05-06-2013, 03:02 PM

145 posts, read 358,676 times
Quote:

Niagra Falls is where I'll be going.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:24 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
Niagra Falls is where I'll be going.
Are you going to Niagra Falls in Ontario, Canada: Niagara Falls, Ontario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or are you going to Niagra Falls in New York, USA: Niagara Falls, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

???

Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM

145 posts, read 358,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Are you going to Niagra Falls in Ontario, Canada: Niagara Falls, Ontario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or are you going to Niagra Falls in New York, USA: Niagara Falls, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

???
Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada