Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 03:11 PM
pdw

2,685 posts, read 3,103,160 times

Advertisements

Truth be told, even though I live in one of the most conservative parts of Canada you'll ever find, and I still don't know a single Christian in my generation. When I go to church, everyone is in their 40s or older. People I know don't really talk about religion, but when they do, it's not favourable. It's weird, I've talked to younger people who go to my church and they don't even believe in Jesus. For minority religions, it's a different story, I know of religious muslims and sikhs my age, but with Christians, I don't know, it's like the religion's going to die with this generation's parents. It's very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 12:51 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,527,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
It's very sad.
If you believe in that kind of stuff, then I suppose it might be. For the rest of us, it doesn't matter very much at all to be honest.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
I could care less if my neighbour is a worshipper of the 'goddess of the thong' as long as he saddles up and runs over to perform CPR on me when he sees me drop on my lawn; he will have performed as I would expect I would perform if the roles reversed.

Take your religions and stuff them where the sun don't shine if any part of them are the cause or result in ANY intolerance towards your fellow man. If that be the case you're a fraud and so is your so-called God.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:54 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,826,588 times
Morgentaler again:

Michael Valpy: Morgentaler's other legacy ? the wall between church and state - Canada - CBC News

I find the pro-Morgentaler and anti-religious comments following this and other columns regarding the man's death sickening. So much for civilized Canada, eh?

Last edited by Mouldy Old Schmo; 06-03-2013 at 10:09 AM..

Old 06-03-2013, 11:10 AM

291 posts, read 476,818 times
Religion has no place in a civilized society.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,152,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparappa View Post

Unfortunately, can't rep you again.

Way to go, Canada!

Old 06-03-2013, 12:28 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,863,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparappa View Post
Freedom of belief is also the cornerstone of a free and civilized society. Do you think atheists alone can lay claim to the title of civilized?

Old 06-03-2013, 12:44 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,527,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Morgentaler again:

Michael Valpy: Morgentaler's other legacy ? the wall between church and state - Canada - CBC News

I find the pro-Morgentaler and anti-religious comments following this and other columns regarding the man's death sickening. So much for civilized Canada, eh?
That so many Canadians have embraced either atheism or agnosticism with passion warms my heart a great deal. Now, if only those who feel that traditional faiths no longer meet some kind of misguided need for spirituality would give up on yoga and the environment as substitutes of a sort. I am encouraged to believe that the people of Canada are moving in the right direction.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,340,289 times
Quote:

Now, if only those who feel that traditional faiths no longer meet some kind
of misguided need for spirituality would give up on yoga
Why would I give up on yoga? It keeps me supple, limber and in terrific shape.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:21 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Morgentaler again:

C'mon Mouldy; you're gonna lose this round too.

Religion and civilization are two mutually exclusive issues that do not require the existence of both for either one to exist.

One could arguably state that a more civilized society could be achieved if all religions were banned outright. A country full of people believing in the goodness of each other needs neither a particular God or church to throw a monkey wrench into their tranquility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada