Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you move from Vancouver to Seattle if you could live in both Canada and the US without any res
Yes 38 55.07%
No 31 44.93%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,380,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You asked and I answered. It's not my fault you don't like the answers. I'll try to sugarcoat them next time, OK?
lol just having a discussion
I asked, you answered, i'm responding.
that's how we play
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,231,953 times
Quote:
Furthermore, you never answered my question. How are the words and speeches of our politicians more boneheaded than those of your politicians?
I answered to you, evidently you do not like my reply...

Hot air, empty, vague....got it??

Old 05-15-2013, 10:03 PM

15,084 posts, read 14,250,532 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rhood-not.html
Here you go. Horror stories from your own.
So, no. I did not see it on TV.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
lol just having a discussion
I asked, you answered, i'm responding.
that's how we play
If you love living in the US...great. More power to you and best of luck.
I prefer to be home, finally. It's somehow "saner" here.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,133,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
In my experience I beg to differ, if you give them the opportunity of a real green card not a TN Visa....and so far the results of your poll kinda of prove my point...."
So far, it didn't prove anything yet.

Quote:
Care to mention why Van has better "recreation opportunities"?? I can tell you and explain point by point why it is exactly the opposite...."
Like I said in my previous post, Vancouver is a perfect mix of nature and urbanity. On the other hand, Seattle is a collection of suburbs (a.k.a "neighbourhoods" ) disconnected from each other. Seattle doesn't feel like a city at all. Seattle is a suburbia, and this is it's major flaw as far as I'm concerned. Vancouver is urban. Seattle is suburban. I much more prefer urban to suburban. Vancouver is urban, but at the same time, the access to outdoors is readily available at its doorsteps. The nature is right there, within city limits.

Oh, and don't bother to explain me anything point by point. It's not like you know more than everybody else. You got no points. Save yourself time. You won't impress me, trust me. I spent enough time in Seattle to know better. I know all I need about Seattle.

Quote:
How Seattle waterfront are not accessible to all residents?? I think overall the Puget Sound has more waterfront than Van...."
Is that a joke? Seattle has no public/accessible waterfront, which is a shame for a city with such great geographical location. Shame, I said.

Quote:
Oh really?? Care to investigate how many Vancouverites work for Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Boeing or Starbucks?? "
So what? Everybody works at Microsoft. How many East Indians work at Microsoft? Of course, there also a couple of Vancouverites, so what? Why wouldn't they considering how close both cities are?

Quote:
Again, you have to elaborate what you mean by "more liveable"...."
Seattle is to work. Vancouver is to live. It's as simple as that.

Seriously, you don't seem to understand what liveable is. You just don't get it. Why bother? And no, livable doesn't mean the right/ability to carry guns.

Look, we have had this conversation many times before. Why bother and spend any more time on each other? It's not like we can tell each other anything new.

I don't like Seattle, period. It depresses the hell out of me. The vibe is just plain wrong. I spend part of the year in NYC and part of the year in Vancouver. I like both. But Seattle is a no no for me, Microsoft or no Microsoft. I won't move to a place that depresses the hell out of me just so I have a better paid job. What for? To feel miserable all the time, like many people who moved to Seattle for jobs? Just check Seattle forums.

I remember once you said you didn't like NYC, the city I much much much prefer to Seattle? So then, what do you want to talk about?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:12 PM

3,847 posts, read 5,246,127 times
Quote:
Why, yes I am. I'm a nurse who worked in the American healthcare system.
Then I am sure you are well versed in the new law. So if there is anything that you are against then go right ahead and let it out. Specifics of course, since you are a professional and all.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Then I am sure you are well versed in the new law. So if there is anything that you are against then go right ahead and let it out. Specifics of course, since you are a professional and all.
Lol! You mean the law that hasn't even kicked in yet?
I'm a nurse, not a psychic.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
If you love living in the US...great. More power to you and best of luck.
I prefer to be home, finally. It's somehow "saner" here.
Thank you i'll need it,
i have to go to the grocery store tomorrow which sucks because every time i leave the house i get shot at!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Thank you i'll need it,
i have to go to the grocery store tomorrow which sucks because every time i leave the house i get shot at!
Just wear your bulletproof vest, and you'll be fine. And don't forget to shoot back.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Just wear your bulletproof vest, and you'll be fine. And don't forget to shoot back.

That's the spirit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada