Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:48 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

Since most people don't exactly love cold winter weather, I suppose most mild places in Canada are quite popular and thus expensive. BC as a whole seems to be overpriced just like the entire West Coast of the US.

I am thinking of moving to Canada as well. If I do, I will move to Fredericton, seems a nice compromise in terms of size and climate.
Nova Scotia is rather mild, the Annapolis valley in particular, they are growing lots of fruit there, even wine
http://thelocaltravelerns.files.word...bbgrounds2.jpg

Here is a hardiness zone map of Canada, gives you an idea where it is mild:
http://plantzonemap.com/images/canad...t_zone_map.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM

19 posts, read 92,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Since most people don't exactly love cold winter weather, I suppose most mild places in Canada are quite popular and thus expensive. BC as a whole seems to be overpriced just like the entire West Coast of the US.

I am thinking of moving to Canada as well. If I do, I will move to Fredericton, seems a nice compromise in terms of size and climate.
Nova Scotia is rather mild, the Annapolis valley in particular, they are growing lots of fruit there, even wine
http://thelocaltravelerns.files.word...bbgrounds2.jpg

Here is a hardiness zone map of Canada, gives you an idea where it is mild:
http://plantzonemap.com/images/canad...t_zone_map.jpg

I like that plant hardiness map. I've seen a few before, but that one seems a lot more detailed and shows small pockets of warmer areas nestled between some cooler areas.

Nova Scotia is also on my radar. I've heard some good things about Cape Breton too, and rural acreage is quite reasonably priced. At this point, Vancouver Island (and even the lower mainland of BC) seems to be winning out on most points for a Canadian city or area with a warm, but not too warm or too cold climate, and with minimal snow. Where it loses out is on price - the most expensive place in Canada.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:50 PM

45 posts, read 76,328 times
Good luck. As someone else said, you're in the wrong country.

It seems the only place in Canada for you would be the West Coast, or follow your own suggestion of a cheap bit of real estate somewhere and follow the sun south. It's a good idea to have something to come back to once you discover that there's more to life than weather, as I did after 9 years in Africa and Mexico.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,211 times
Can any one tell me the best place in canada regarding job opportunities hai weather condition?

Old 02-01-2015, 03:18 PM

909 posts, read 1,153,846 times
It does exist. A small town or village in Southwestern BC. If you get rid of the "cheap" part then the Vancouver area or Victoria.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:20 PM

909 posts, read 1,153,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzabaig View Post
Can any one tell me the best place in canada regarding job opportunities hai weather condition?
It depends on what kind of weather you like.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:54 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Spent two weeks on site #21 with our 40 fit fiver and toter with Harley at this place while attending a Navy reunion. I thought then that spending a few months would not be a bad thing with the little water taxis making egress to the city downtown a ten minute commute.

Westbay Marine Village - Victoria Marina and RV Park > Home

Old 02-01-2015, 04:23 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzabaig View Post
You're better off to ask this question in a new topic of your own instead of reviving somebody else's old topic that is a couple of years out of date.

In your own new topic you need to provide information about yourself, such as where you're from, what kinds of skills and education you have relevant to the kinds of work you're looking for, and what kind of weather conditions you are able to tolerate.

To the best of my understanding, hai is not a recognizable English word, so I don't know what you mean by it.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:31 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,528,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrills View Post
I like that plant hardiness map. I've seen a few before, but that one seems a lot more detailed and shows small pockets of warmer areas nestled between some cooler areas.

Nova Scotia is also on my radar. I've heard some good things about Cape Breton too, and rural acreage is quite reasonably priced. At this point, Vancouver Island (and even the lower mainland of BC) seems to be winning out on most points for a Canadian city or area with a warm, but not too warm or too cold climate, and with minimal snow. Where it loses out is on price - the most expensive place in Canada.
Victoria and Nanaimo are a bit pricey, but if you just want to explore the area you need not buy near them. You could get a place in a more economically depressed part of the Island like Port Alberni for much less money. It'd make a good base to explore the superlative scenery of the area, like nearby Tofino and the Gulf Islands.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:59 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,647,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Victoria and Nanaimo are a bit pricey, but if you just want to explore the area you need not buy near them. You could get a place in a more economically depressed part of the Island like Port Alberni for much less money. It'd make a good base to explore the superlative scenery of the area, like nearby Tofino and the Gulf Islands.
There are lots of cheap places in BC with nice weather. Port Alberni, Lillooet, Bella Coola, Spences Bridge (the place with the hottest summers in Canada), etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada