Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 AM

103 posts, read 169,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I'm quite sure they couldn't do a worse job of it than colonial Canada has done for them. The Cree in Northern Quebec give us a very good picture what Native Canadians are capable of if left to their own devices. "Help" from Canada!!! Is that a joke or are you totally unaware of the conditions on remote reserves. I`m a very proud and patriotic Canadian and the black stain on Canada because of the truly God awful treatment of the Native peoples of this country just hurts me right in the heart, very much.
No i am very aware how bad it is but its not just the feds fault there is lots of blame to go around as for the would be worse off yes with no money coming in from the feds things would be far far worse just a quick thing i know its easy and fun for some to blame Harper but its far more complex then that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 07:57 AM

3,867 posts, read 5,291,536 times
I find it interesting that the thread about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin has hit 18 pages but this one about specifically about Canada has barely sparked any discussion and is stuck on the 2nd page.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:21 AM

103 posts, read 169,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
I find it interesting that the thread about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin has hit 18 pages but this one about specifically about Canada has barely sparked any discussion and is stuck on the 2nd page.
In part because this did happen many many years ago.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:11 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme2015 View Post
In part because this did happen many many years ago.
This is the salient point why it's stalled. Canadians have less tolerance perpetuating the victimology quotient.

Having been treated a certain way decades in the past gives one no more traction to claim unfairness today, than the guy who got passed over yesterday for a promotion.

I think we take seriously the "land of opportunity" descriptor. If you have the desire and the drive, you can rise above the wrongs committed upon you in the past. A "little sympathy for whiners" mindset, if you will.

I also believe most would also give this thread a pass due to the result being perfectly predictable, ie: commission formed, study performed, facts tabulated, apology offered, comittment made to not repeat, natives given more cash and autonomy to govern their own affairs, wash, rinse, repeat.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,939,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Why?

- We know none of the details of the experiments.
- There's no contrary stance to be taken. The Zimmerman-Martin trial made for a discussion between competing viewpoints. Who would defend starvation experiments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada