Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 04:18 PM

210 posts, read 708,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Nordstroms is opening in Vancouver in 2014 or 2015 I believe.
Nordstrom will be opening their stores:

Fall of 2014: Chinook Centre - Calgary
Spring of 2015: Rideau Centre - Ottawa
Spring of 2015: Pacific Centre - Vancouver
Fall of 2016: Sherway Gardens - Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
One off topic question; Why doesn't McDonald's & other burger places have Ranch sauce or similar white sauce?
*** Seems as though American's have a love affair with Ranch. Its not a popular dipping sauce in Canada, not popular enough for fast food chains to carry. Canadians seem to like ranch on salad or with veggies, and probably hot wings. At least where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 04:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus
One off topic question; Why doesn't McDonald's & other burger places have Ranch sauce or similar white sauce?
Ranch isn't anywhere near as popular here as it is in the US.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:55 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joules21 View Post
*** Seems as though American's have a love affair with Ranch. Its not a popular dipping sauce in Canada, not popular enough for fast food chains to carry. Canadians seem to like ranch on salad or with veggies, and probably hot wings. At least where I live.
How do you know it's not popular? Have it available, and you may notice some people wanting to have it.

Not to complain, but the McDonald's ketchup in the U.S. taste much better because it is not heinz and they make their own ketchup (more sweet). I was amazed Canada has double big mac while it does not exist elsewhere.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:58 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
Quote:
How do you know it's not popular? Have it available, and you may notice some people wanting to have it.
What would you do with it at McDonald's? Put it on a salad maybe, but what else?

Old 08-24-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
What would you do with it at McDonald's? Put it on a salad maybe, but what else?
For the fries and/or chicken nuggets obviously...

Old 08-24-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
For the fries and/or chicken nuggets obviously...
You're serious? You put ranch on fries?

In Canada, white vinegar goes on fries. Ranch is for salads and veggies.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
You're serious? You put ranch on fries?

In Canada, white vinegar goes on fries. Ranch is for salads and veggies.
White vinegar?!?! Yuck

I don't pour on it, but dip fries and chicken nuggets on ranch sauce... This is very common in the U.S., and some have BBQ sauce, sweet and sour, zesty, etc.
Blue cheese dressing is also common, but McDonald's don't serve it only restaurants (chain).

Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times
Cracker Barrel.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
White vinegar?!?! Yuck
No, delicious. This is why you find white vinegar on the table of many Canadian restaurants. McDonald's in Canada commonly offers white vinegar packets alongside the salt and pepper.

Quote:
I don't pour on it, but dip fries and chicken nuggets on ranch sauce... This is very common in the U.S., and some have BBQ sauce, sweet and sour, zesty, etc.
You dip fries and nuggets in ranch sauce?

Yuck!

We're not the US, and what is common there is not necessarily what's common here.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:39 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
I would want Macy's and Trader Joe's to come to Canada.

There are simply not enough Canadian retailers for us to shop. One thing I find annoying is that even in downtown Toronto, there are so few department stores. There is the Bay, a Sears (which doesn't do well) and Holt Renfew (which is only for the rich people). There are so few options for a city of 6M. Everywhere there is the Bay and Sears, that's all.

I always thought the world's biggest bookstore (not really biggest) on Edward st should be a Macy's. A one storey suburban like bookstore at Yonge/Dundas?? And Either Atrium on Bay or 10 Dundas East should have one other department store. Both malls are gigantic failure. Maybe one between Gerrard and Bloor on Yonge as well.

And there is none on Queen Street West. Actually there is none west or East of Yonge in downtown at all. Spadina/Queen should have one. The parking lot at Church and Queen is a great opportunity for some retailers too.

yeah I know Toronto is supposed to like only small retailers as if it is a superior model but in reality people need large department stores to shop so that they don't have to hop from one tiny store to another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada