Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:58 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I'll try and see later if there is anything online about this here. I've had a sister, BIL, and my hubby (twice) all of whom had their fines halved. I don't remember all the individual circumstances except one was out and out speeding, and another was for going through a 60 km while passing workers at more or less regular highway speed.

I just find it interesting that there are these differences.
If you lose, you'll have to pay the ticket plus court costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 02:54 PM

5 posts, read 4,247 times
ok thx guys.. anyone know what are the error rate of red lights in Canada? maybe some solar wind or something turned the light red immediately? not sure how to explain this to the judge

Also I just found out I can use my cell phone as dashcam.. there are some apps for it. next time I can show the officer right away what happened.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:21 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
If you lose, you'll have to pay the ticket plus court costs.
I wasn't referring to court. I don't know where the OP is from but there appear to be provincial differences.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
i wasn't referring to court. I don't know where the op is from but there appear to be provincial differences.
ns

Old 09-25-2013, 06:56 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Not familiar with Canada on this particular issue, but in the USA, you have no chance.

1. The check box on the ticket that says "ran red light" implies the violation of proceeding improperly at a traffic signal equipped with a red light, and it is not an argument to say it was yellow,

2. Traffic court does not work on the criminal basis of "proved guilty beyond a doubt", but on the basis of being respponsible for an infraction with "a preponderance of evidence", and even the judge can infer evidence if none is presented by competent witnesses.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Not familiar with Canada on this particular issue, but in the USA, you have no chance.

1. The check box on the ticket that says "ran red light" implies the violation of proceeding improperly at a traffic signal equipped with a red light, and it is not an argument to say it was yellow,

2. Traffic court does not work on the criminal basis of "proved guilty beyond a doubt", but on the basis of being respponsible for an infraction with "a preponderance of evidence", and even the judge can infer evidence if none is presented by competent witnesses.
I think what you are saying is "just stay the fu** away from the cops"
wish I was in an area that I could legally use cop detectors.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:05 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,667 times
Should have said you have diarrhea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada