Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 02:05 PM

152 posts, read 565,606 times

Advertisements

I recently purchased a monitor from amazon.ca and found out its way too big. Its way too big and bigger than i expected. I use amazon.com when i was in the states have a return policy but of course i never returned a big item thing like this.

1. I already opened the package of the monitor. I assume that should not be a problem if i just put the coverings over it just like when i had it and ship it back? I read in the site for stuff like video games or movies if its opened, you cant return it obviously unless there is a defect.

2. I would be purchasing another monitor but this time not from amazon but from ebay and making sure i get a 20' one instead b/c this one again is way too big. I know ppl are allowed to return something for many reasons but am i allowed to even power on the monitor and see how its like before i return it? Such as if i use it for 1 week or so and there is something i dont like i can still return it? The thing is its already way bigger than i expected so i want to return it. But would it be a problem if i use it for 1 or 2 week or so until i get the other monitor that i will purchase off ebay? Or is this bad form? I mean i imagine lot people buy big screen tv and then use it for 1 week or so and don't like it and then return it back?

3. I know with amazon returns, you ship it back to them with a return label like in the usa. Canada Post was the carrier that sent the monitor to my apartment. If i want to send it back to amazon.ca, would i need to bring this monitor to the post office or can they just come to my apartment and i just give it to them for them to send back? I assume shipping costs i will have to pay back? Does anyone know how would i know how much the shipping cost would be? My monitor is extremely big and heavy and in a big box. Would there be any restocking fee and if so how much?

The thing is the monitor i want to order, it will be shipping from the usa where im from b/c they dont sell the 20' exact monitor that i want here in canada, so of course it will take 2 week to arrive. Would this be any problem? Just frustrated by monitor got here and was excited only to find out the size of it was way too much.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 PM

981 posts, read 2,699,436 times
Many of your questions are answered where you could have started.. Amazon.ca Help: Returns Policy

To the right of that page is a Contact Us button. Contact them to clarify any remaining questions. Better to get an exact answer from Amazon then what some internet people might guess/think

Old 10-03-2013, 03:49 PM

152 posts, read 565,606 times
I spoke to them. Apparently you have to go to the canada post no matter what to ship it back to them? IN the usa, if the package is way too big, they have ups come over and then you drop the package to them at your door. They said that isn't allowed in canada?

Old 10-03-2013, 03:56 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,422,849 times
^^^^
Well, if Amazon wants you to use Canada Post ...... and Canada Post will not pick up the package .... and you still want to return the monitor .... then what other option do you have? Just go to the nearest post office and drop off the monitor. How hard can it be? How heavy is a 20 inch monitor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada