Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2007, 02:21 PM

71 posts, read 202,118 times

Advertisements

I am looking to get some info on London, how is the job market there? How terrible are the winters? I get over 200 inches of snow where I am plus temps deep in the negitive, so is it any worse than that? Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 03:13 PM

42 posts, read 187,965 times
London gets about 220cm (90 inches) of snow yearly, but it's in a snow belt so snow storms are not unusual.

Here are some links with other info:

GoodMoveLondon.com: (http://www.goodmovelondon.com/home/ - broken link)

London Town & City Reviews: Town & City Reviews in London, Ontario

Ontario Economic Development Home (http://www.2ontario.com/ - broken link)

Old 11-23-2007, 02:45 PM

40 posts, read 166,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogStar5988 View Post
I am looking to get some info on London, how is the job market there? How terrible are the winters? I get over 200 inches of snow where I am plus temps deep in the negitive, so is it any worse than that? Thanks a lot.
Not worse than that by the longest stretch of the imagination. I don't find London winters too terrible to take. Last year we didn't even have any snow until into January. Lots of days hover slightly above freezing here and we do get cold snaps from time to time that plunge us deep into the negitives (about -16 celsius) but we recover nicely from them. At times we do see the -30 celsius windchills, but certainly not all winter long.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:59 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,800,270 times
London Ontario is known as (named itself) "The City of Trees." The ecomony is probably reasonably good, but probably not booming by any stretch of the imagination.

It's a University/College town but also has at least 150,000 additional permanent residents. (pop. 200,000-300,000)

My perceptions of the city are many residents are a little more friendly and relaxed than typical residents of the Greater Toronto Area.

They average more precip of all kinds compared to Toronto. Annual average precip is 39" while Toronto is 32." When it's cloudy/damp anywhere in southern Ontario, usually London is too. But being in "southwestern Ontario" there are some trees that are rare here that are common there, so slightly higher bio-diversity. Basically it's a great place if you love to garden or observe nature.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:51 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,239,901 times
It's actually called "the Forest City". ;-) The city population is over 350,000 and the metro population is approaching 500,000 (and that's not including all the university and college students).

Old 01-02-2008, 01:50 PM

24 posts, read 161,183 times
London is experiencing quite a bit of growth right now. It is a fairly conservative town, but very friendly...no matter where you are from! If you want an idea about jobs hitting the paper try London Free Press. Local paper in the area. For housing info try mls.ca - Welcome

Hope this helps!

Old 01-02-2008, 02:31 PM

550 posts, read 1,234,482 times
London is a great party town. I was blown away when I went there a few years ago. There was a strip of bars / pubs / cafes, etc. along one street and the sidewalks on both sides of the streets were packed. There were 5 people wide, shoulder to shoulder, bumper to bumper, for at least a half a mile or more. Easily 10,000 people. More busy then I've even seen Young Street in T.O.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 7,779 times
London, Ontario is a GREAT city! The job market is good depending on your skills. Check out the Ontario Job bank at: [url=http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/Search_en.aspx]Job Bank - Search[/url] for local jobs.

As for our winters - if you are used to snow...and cold...it's not so bad! It's worth the drive from where ever you are coming from!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada