Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 01:08 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,437,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well in this part of B.C. I will and do wait 20-25 minutes in the drive-thru sometimes for a double-single large coffee....I need my timmies in the morning or I am in grouchy mood the rest of the day
I was told that Timmies is not very popular in Vancouver (vs Toronto). Is that not true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 01:33 PM

152 posts, read 567,266 times
Got another question. In terms of pricing which one cost more for coffee? Is it starbucks then second cup and then tim hortons? Reason is b/c i recalled i saw a commercial for tim hortons where there was some latte for 99 cents only.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:40 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
I was told that Timmies is not very popular in Vancouver (vs Toronto). Is that not true?
not the ones I go too and from what I experience and see everyday I head there it is huge...Heck the morning Drive-thru line ups tend to go out of the parking lots and back up onto the main roads around here.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:48 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,437,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardblizzard03 View Post
Got another question. In terms of pricing which one cost more for coffee? Is it starbucks then second cup and then tim hortons? Reason is b/c i recalled i saw a commercial for tim hortons where there was some latte for 99 cents only.
I am pretty sure that Tim Hortons coffee is about 20-30 cents cheaper than Starbucks. That said, the speciality drinks like cappuccinos and food items are much more expensive at Starbucks.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:48 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,137,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardblizzard03 View Post
I'm not hard to please but I cannot stand Tim Horton's latte, which is a fairly recent menu item anyway. I'm sure that was a promotion (like a lot of McCafe promotions). Starbucks has way better latte -- I agree with mike, Second Cup is alright too.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:47 PM

564 posts, read 1,040,670 times
Best quality coffee for value is McCafe.

Tim Hortons rewarded decades of customer loyalty by shrinking their cups while raising prices (the Small practically ended up as a shot glass before they were shamed into adjusting the sizes due to rising competition) and replacing freshly baked food items with cheaper, flash-frozen, low-quality garbage.

"Thank you for your loyal patronage, Canadians. Now please bend over and grip the pillow, as we are going in dry."

Old 11-16-2013, 01:01 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Starbucks has absolutely terrible coffee. It's burnt and bitter. I have no idea how people down that swill.

TH is slightly better, but not hugely better. The quality of food at TH used to be great, but has gone severely downhill.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:28 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but the only coffee I can stomach is Timmie's double-double.
I've had Starbuck's coffee twice....just plain coffee...and it was bitter and awful. Maybe just plain coffee isn't their forte.
I tried Second Cup, didn't like the flavour of their black. Tried Starbucks while on business in Vancouver, didn't enjoy the wait in line while yuppies paid for their stupid coffees with air-miles visa cards.

Ultimately went back to Timmies even though they started buying cheaper beans back a few years ago which completely changed the flavour. Since retiring however, my visits have changed from routine to sporadic.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthYorkEd View Post
Best quality coffee for value is McCafe.

Tim Hortons rewarded decades of customer loyalty by shrinking their cups while raising prices (the Small practically ended up as a shot glass before they were shamed into adjusting the sizes due to rising competition) and replacing freshly baked food items with cheaper, flash-frozen, low-quality garbage.

"Thank you for your loyal patronage, Canadians. Now please bend over and grip the pillow, as we are going in dry."
There you have described the whole coffee industry in a nutshell.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:09 AM

484 posts, read 1,286,667 times
I'm going to start off by saying I don't drink coffee, so my assessment is based off baked goods and other drinks.

First of all Tim Horton's is not in the same league as Starbucks and Second cup. Starbucks and Second cup are more focus on their offerings while Tim Horton's is trying to be the jack of all trades and unfortunately is the master of none of them. Everything about Tim's is so mediocre from their drinks, to their donuts, to their sandwiches (How can you mess up a sandwich?). I mean the stuff is not downright horrible, it's just meh.

So between Second cup and Starbucks, I prefer second cup (even though I'm still mad at them for discontinuing my drink) since I don't need to learn a new language to order a drink. Plus Second cup sells Dufflet pastries which I find a bit overrated, especially their cakes, but I like a few of their loaves and squares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada