Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 09:17 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
i am an asian woman and i think asian women who go for white guys are gold diggers
That's a weird statement, as Asian-Canadian men are certainly at least as likely to be affluent as non-Asian Canadian men are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 02:51 AM

34 posts, read 45,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
4. why does it have to be a white north american person???? I know of asian girls in California who ONLY DATE WHITE AMERICAN MEN, and Asian guys who dwell in angst because they also need to date a white american woman..... while I lived in California as a Colombian I dated PEOPLE, not skin colors, I never look at anyone as better than me NO WAY!!! I look down on people in fact!!!

most asian girls would still prefer a good looking asian male over just about any white guy, however. the ones who SAY they only date whites are usually desperate to fit into the "white" crowd because they have self-esteem issues and may be bitter that their own asian men weren't attracted to them. all throughout california, you can see for yourself that the asian girls with white men tend to be ugly or average looking at best. also, keep in mind that white men may actually find these girls attractive since their taste in asian women aren't quite as developed.

same goes with asian men; some asian men have fairly high standards and would not be interested in most white american girls. many of them would much rather be with a decent asian girl. also, being "american" isn't key; if anything, many asian americans would find it more exciting to date someone from another western country (uk, aus, european countries) as there would be more of a novelty factor behind that. it's preferable than dating just another run of the mill american.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:48 AM

75 posts, read 89,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strakk8 View Post
What you've pointed out is indeed very worrisome. But you are lucky in that either:
(a) You haven't lived in NA for very long. You're a recent immigrant.
(b) Your parents made it a priority to instill in you a sense of pride in your heritage / ethnicity

There are a lot of us who have basically lived in NA all of our lives, and have become a part of the system. If you are black or asian or whatever and you've lived your entire life in an area that's 97% white, there's literally nothing that differentiates you from other white kids (other than basic anatomical differences). You will have the same taste in literature, music, lust after the same girls, eat similar things, etc (more or less).

So it really becomes frustrating when your white peers harp on things that are ultimately superficial and have no bearing on your behavior or uniqueness as an individual. I grew up with the mistaken assumption that people will just accept me for who I am. It was only during the later half of high school that I realized that I just couldn't be me. Because I had a greater melanin content than my peers, then I had to listen to a certain type of music, behave a certain way, ..., etc.

TLDR, I don't think it's ridiculous to expect to want a mate of a particular ethnicity if the area you live in and all the people you interact with comprise that ethnicity. But if there are self hate issues lurking there, then yea it's a problem.

& I agree, most North Americans, are parochial, and literally don't know anything of what's going on outside their state borders. I don't find it attractive either.
this is depressing, the problem with north america is that sameness is often seen as good, when you look, like, dress like everyone else you're good!!!

in other cultures difference is seen as a cool.... if you stand out, dress differently, look different is the coolest!

Old 07-02-2015, 05:50 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,015,393 times
Would an Asian Canadian guy stand a chance in Montreal with hot girls? Would he have to speak fluent French??

Old 07-02-2015, 08:25 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
Would an Asian Canadian guy stand a chance in Montreal with hot girls? Would he have to speak fluent French??
It would depend more on looks, style and attitude than language. This is pretty much the case anywhere in the world BTW.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:51 AM

565 posts, read 672,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
It would depend more on looks, style and attitude than language. This is pretty much the case anywhere in the world BTW.
But speaking the local language helps, as is pretty much the case anywhere in the world too...

Old 07-03-2015, 02:33 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,015,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by begratto View Post
But speaking the local language helps, as is pretty much the case anywhere in the world too...
Well of course, that's pretty much a common sense, however, it's true that there are certain places where asian men have it easier than others. How do Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary fare for asian males?? Any personal experiences whether they be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd hand, would be appreciated.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:15 AM

800 posts, read 730,563 times
I'd have to say no. I know asian males that have dated plenty of Canadians or whites. To say there is no stereotypes though is false. White girls probably do in general favor black men over asian men though. I do think the media has a lot to do with that though esp in Canada. I boston it seemed different. There are much more black celebrities in Hollywood than asIan. To say that has no effect is ridiculous. I know girls irl that are open to dating aSian males now just because of Glen and maggie in the walking dead.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:37 PM

34 posts, read 45,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
I'd have to say no. I know asian males that have dated plenty of Canadians or whites. To say there is no stereotypes though is false. White girls probably do in general favor black men over asian men though. I do think the media has a lot to do with that though esp in Canada. I boston it seemed different. There are much more black celebrities in Hollywood than asIan. To say that has no effect is ridiculous. I know girls irl that are open to dating aSian males now just because of Glen and maggie in the walking dead.
actually, white girls would prefer a good-looking, westernized asian male over just about any black guy. remember that most white girls are not attracted to black facial aesthetics and really dark skin; asians still have a complexion similar to whites, not to mention they are more similar when it comes to education and interests. there tends to be more long-term compatability between asian and white girls than between black men.

also, what "stereotypes" are you referring to? it has nothing to do with stereotypes; some asian men just aren't good looking. such stereotypes don't apply to the attractive asian men who grew up in north america. remember that there are also many white girls who aren't attractive themselves and will have trouble getting a high quality boyfriend.

also, the media is irrelevant because many of the black celebs you see aren't good looking anyways; quantity doesn't equal quality. besides, if that were the case, black women would be more desirable than asian or hispanic women because you see them much more often in media than women from other minorities. also, even if it weren't for the walking dead, many girls would be attracted to a good looking asian dude anyways as attraction has more to do with human nature than anything else.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:12 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,802 times
I am the product of a Chinese mother and and English father. My first husband was Chinese, my second (current) is white. Perhaps for my third I will insist on a guy who is half Chinese and half white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada