Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 02:17 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoneyez View Post
From those younger Canadians I have interjected with it seems that they are beginning to sound more American. Do you think this is the case and what's causing this to occur?
lol - are you serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 02:29 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
Quote:
From those younger Canadians I have interacted with it seems that they are beginning to sound more American. Do you think this is the case and what's causing this to occur?

Maybe Canadians are desiring to be "more American" these days?
I agree.

I find it interesting.

Not sure why as Canadians have always watched US TV shows,
but I do notice below 30 don't say "sorey", they say sarry just like americans,
also tomorrow is tomarrow just like the US. Even saying zee instead of zed

US accents are changing too, watch old US movies and TV shows,
some American actors pronouncing words more like canadians, even a few soreys and tomorrows

Old 01-18-2015, 02:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
I've noticed the preponderance of these stupid posts originate on the weekends during times when teens with no self-esteem issues are out socializing or otherwise performing as normal.

Perhaps it's too late in his/her puberty development for effective counselling.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:50 PM

9 posts, read 12,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
I agree.

I find it interesting.

Not sure why as Canadians have always watched US TV shows,
but I do notice below 30 don't say "sorey", they say sarry just like americans,
also tomorrow is tomarrow just like the US. Even saying zee instead of zed

US accents are changing too, watch old US movies and TV shows,
some American actors pronouncing words more like canadians, even a few soreys and tomorrows
In ten years I can see any uniqueness in the Canadian dialect being gone. Canadians will be speaking American.

Which isn't the worst thing... The Canadian accent was kind of "gawky" sounding.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:53 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I've noticed the preponderance of these stupid posts originate on the weekends during times when teens with no self-esteem issues are out socializing or otherwise performing as normal.

Perhaps it's too late in his/her puberty development for effective counselling.
Yeah these threads are starting to smell like cheap cologne - anything and everything to seemingly provide extraordinary dubious rationale to naw away at anything Canadian in favour of assimilation.

It always starts off innocently like - have you been noticing that x is happening in favour of y... Than the shoe drops either in the same post or quickly thereafter where it is volunteered that it isn't a bad thing because naturally y is better and is an 'evolved' state..zzzzzzz

Old 01-18-2015, 04:10 PM

I'm personally happy Canadians are finally conforming to the American dialect. They are finally sounding like human beings as opposed to learning disabled Martians. The more American they become, the easier they will be to annex.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:46 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,635,455 times
Quote:
I'm personally happy Canadians are finally conforming to the American dialect. They are finally sounding like human beings as opposed to learning disabled Martians. The more American they become, the easier they will be to annex.
So it's true that inside every Canadian is an American trying to get out?

Old 01-18-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
So it's true that inside every Canadian is an American trying to get out?
Yes. Canadians want nothing more than to be American. Trust me.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Yeah these threads are starting to smell like cheap cologne - anything and everything to seemingly provide extraordinary dubious rationale to naw away at anything Canadian in favour of assimilation.

It always starts off innocently like - have you been noticing that x is happening in favour of y... Than the shoe drops either in the same post or quickly thereafter where it is volunteered that it isn't a bad thing because naturally y is better and is an 'evolved' state..zzzzzzz
Yeah, same old, same old.

If these types would just once come up with something unique it might even be fun to play along.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Yes. Canadians want nothing more than to be American. Trust me.
Of course we trust you. Why on earth would we not trust you? Your credibility as an apologist Canadian is immeasurable. Haaar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada