Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 05:16 PM

9 posts, read 12,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Of course we trust you. Why on earth would we not trust you? Your credibility as an apologist Canadian is immeasurable. Haaar!
I am Canadian. Seriously...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 05:21 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoneyez View Post
I am Canadian. Seriously...
Buttoneyez, is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrB_XCpWtO8

Old 01-18-2015, 06:33 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
From those younger Canadians I have interacted with it seems that they are beginning to sound more American. Do you think this is the case and what's causing this to occur?

Maybe Canadians are desiring to be "more American" these days?

It's part of a secret plot to impersonate Americans and infiltrate the nation and take it over from within, and Canada is accomplishing that very nicely. Next after that will be the takeover of Mexico but that will take longer because it's harder for most Canadians to impersonate Mexicans so we have to send the Quebecois and First Nations folks in to do that. But it shall all be achieved with typically superior Canadian intellect and stealthy humour! Then all of North America will become United Canada and after that the whole world will become Canada's oyster.

But sshhhh. You're not supposed to say anything about it, it's a big secret so keep your lips zipped and don't let the cat out of the bag.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:03 PM

428 posts, read 450,609 times
My only question is why there is another new screenname posting from Europe who is claiming to be Canadian.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:29 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
My only question is why there is another new screenname posting from Europe who is claiming to be Canadian.
A Canadian chick refused to put out in the back of his mother's '79' VW Rabbit?

It would seem he can't help himself and is obsessed with all things Canadian?

Golly Mr Taylor, there could be any one or multiples of reasons why someone is obsessed with Canada to this unhealthy extent. Always on the weekends too. Poor dear has no social life whatsoever.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
I'm not posting from Europe.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
A Canadian chick refused to put out in the back of his mother's '79' VW Rabbit?

It would seem he can't help himself and is obsessed with all things Canadian?

Golly Mr Taylor, there could be any one or multiples of reasons why someone is obsessed with Canada to this unhealthy extent. Always on the weekends too. Poor dear has no social life whatsoever.
What makes you think I'm male?

I don't understand the hostility. I am just asking a simple question about if other Canadians find the Canadian accent is changing. I am not insulting anyone.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:32 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
What makes you think I'm male?

I don't understand the hostility. I am just asking a simple question about if other Canadians find the Canadian accent is changing. I am not insulting anyone.
Based upon life's experience; I've found males are generally predisposed to infantile behaviour far in excess of females of similar demographic.

Your question is of course "simple" but also facile and stupid.

Hostile is not the word I would have used to describe normal disdain for deliberate obfuscation and inanity; to wit: the proverbial horizontal position assumed by a very cheap, loom-woven floor covering.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,808 times
Default Will "aboot" ever die off?

I spoke to a Canadian friend from Toronto and he claims younger people are not saying "aboot" anymore because of Americanization. I have no idea if this is true. Is the "aboot" dying? Or is it going strong. It would bring a tear to my eye to hear that this quirky Canadian speech characteristic is dying out. Do you think the "aboot" will go?

Old 01-24-2015, 06:44 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy777 View Post
I spoke to a Canadian friend from Toronto and he claims younger people are not saying "aboot" anymore because of Americanization. I have no idea if this is true. Is the "aboot" dying? Or is it going strong. It would bring a tear to my eye to hear that this quirky Canadian speech characteristic is dying out.
I feel like C/D Canada is becoming like the Star Trek TNG episode "Cause and Effect"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada